Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truckhaven

Just got this email from VV4W member Barry and thought I'd share it:

Julie, Ron and I have just spent a week at Truckhaven and thought the area is still open to RV's and Off -Road there is a STATE PARK RANGER presence in the area. Ron and I encountered signs where there use to be none and some are Highway Legal Vehicles only and must stay on designated trails and others say Restricted Area remain on designated trails only. It appears the state wants to keep off-road people east of the palms and even then the designated trails are at the discretion of the RANGER. We encountered a Ranger and asked a few questions and later the same Ranger appeared where we were watching some jeepers doing some notching and he began to lay out the LAW, so while he was asking for the jeep leader Ron decided we did not need to be there. Notching across S22 is still the norm but in the newly purchased property north of S22 is a new baby and is under some scrutiny. We also came across some newly placed STATE PARK signs that have been deliberately run over. The STATE PARK now has air patrol also along with the various ECO groups doing studies while we were there. Jeep clubs and individuals need to be on good behavior because they are watching us. They may confront New Years or they may not but one thing for certain the evidence we leave behind New Years will become there evidence in the future of his area. Pass this on to all. Barry C.

Thanks DJ...good to know. I'm scheduled to be down there with my local club for New Years. Could be interesting!
    -Bob
    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

There are still certain sections belonging to Anza Borrego Foundation ( Section 17) . This is or maybe still private property.....and does have signs posted in it. For sure stay out of it.

when in doubt find the park ranger ask him/her.

The park ( Borrego) has had a plane for a while.
      97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
      WEB site

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll be in Ocotillo for New Years. Was hoping to take the kids to the Calcite Mine which I believe is close to Truckhaven
        Last edited by dirtman13; 12-24-07, 02:33 PM.
        Check out .

Comment

Calcite Mine

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
          Thanks for the info. I'll be in Ocotillo for New Years. Was hoping to take the kids to the Calcite Mine which I believe is close to Truckhaven
          The trail is just west of the Tower on S22.

Comment

There was a Ranger presence the last time we went out there, but they were being pretty mellow. Staying in the north sections of Truckhaven does not appear to be a problem. I know there was a lot of dispute over the palms, and that whole area is now marked, and the oasis is fenced.

This comes as no surprise. I wonder where the Glamis party crowd is going to go now, since there is now going to be the same kind of Law Enforcement presence as there is on Ocotillo Wells and Glamis. I sure won't miss 'em...
            '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Originally posted by peteyg View Post
              I wonder where the Glamis party crowd is going to go now, since there is now going to be the same kind of Law Enforcement presence as there is on Ocotillo Wells and Glamis. I sure won't miss 'em...
              As long as there away from me. It's because of yahoos like that I have never been to or have ever wanted to go to Glamis.

Thanks for the info guys.:thumbs_up
              Check out .

Comment

Turns out I had to bail out of the trip I had scheduled to Truckhaven this past weekend. Was anyone down there over New Years? Any issues?
                -Bob
                '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Just received this in an email.
                  http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1140/f...ral%20plan.pdf
                  Check out .

Comment

Working...
                  X