Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-use trails GPS Info

Besides GPSies.com, any other website that offers multi-use gps info?

Thanks

Looking specifically for hiking, motorcycle (dual sport), Jeeping, and mountain bike.

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
    Besides GPSies.com, any other website that offers multi-use gps info?

Thanks

Looking specifically for hiking, motorcycle (dual sport), Jeeping, and mountain bike.
    Any particular area you are looking for?
    Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

I like Trails.com
      Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
        Any particular area you are looking for?
        Really any. I'm going to Big Bear next week, and I've downloaded a few of the tracks you put here.

Trails.com is $50 a year. The GPS feature is beta, and for all the trails I looked at around me (San Fernando Valley), none of them had GPS routes...though I could add them if I paid the $50 a year. I'm gonna check out Trails.com more and see if I can justify the cost though.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
          I like Trails.com
          I signed up for the free trial. I'm not impressed. They do list more trails than GPSies.com, but they do not show routes (or am I completely missing something!?!?) The trails listed in Big Bear do not have gps applied to them, only stats like "6 miles round trip with 1,100 feet of gain" and reviews from people hiking them.

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
            I signed up for the free trial. I'm not impressed. They do list more trails than GPSies.com, but they do not show routes (or am I completely missing something!?!?) The trails listed in Big Bear do not have gps applied to them, only stats like "6 miles round trip with 1,100 feet of gain" and reviews from people hiking them.
            They do have routes but there limited.
            This is for the GPS Beta section:

GPS Routes
            Trails.com members can upload their GPS Routes for online viewing, and download GPS Routes for use with handheld GPS devices. Have a GPS Route for this area? Upload it by clicking the green button to the right.
            Check out .

Comment

I've been playing with GPSies a little more. Very impressive site. It allows you to draw routes and import them to your gps. Several types of maps available, I was using bing sat map, which is just satellite view.

Last year I drew a route of mostly dirt from Santa Clarita to Mammoth Mtn using Google Earth. I think this site would have been easier.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

This is mostly SUV type stuff and is just waypoints.

http://www.funtreks.com/funtreks-art...downloads#four

You will have to select your local area as this example is out here.

This is a good site as well:

http://www.everytrail.com/

Normally use this to check things out for places I am going for trails, running tracks and etc.

Can download to phone or to GPS.

Comment

Working...
                X