Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panamint

Looking for GPS coordinates for trails in Panamint, Defense Mine in particular. There are good website for trail head Lat/Longs?
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Russ Chung posted this thread last year. I think it will help on the Defense Mine part.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...t=defense+mine

Also, FishPOET posted a link to the GPS info for the Charles Wells books. The website has the coordinates for the trails listed in his book. Many trails in the area are listed.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...=charles+wells
    Last edited by Mike; 10-21-09, 12:14 PM. Reason: I thought of something else!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Saw that earlier, says I need to upgrade my account to access the GPX file.
      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

PM or email me with your email address and I will send it to you from home tonight. You should be able to access the Charles Wells site though. He doesn't have the Defense Mine trail, but he has many others in the area.

[/COLOR]

Comment

WOW! That Charles Wells gpx is great! Deleted all my manually entered ones and uploaded those.

Comment

Cool! I'm sure that you guys will have a blast in the Panamints. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving when we are planning to go.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X