Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bullfrog

Maps of Bullfrog. There is also a new trail in the works (Cake walk) to be done, some time the first of the year.

Thanks Curtis.
    Last edited by curtis; 12-22-08, 06:04 AM.
    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Bullfrog map

Hi Curtis I don't mind taking a stab at it

Here is number 1

Last edited by aw12345; 12-22-08, 01:18 AM.

Comment

number2

For those that want it, I can probably enlarge the maps and e mail them did not want to post a very large picture file here
      Last edited by aw12345; 12-22-08, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Nice detail! I still need to peek at this sometime soon. Might be a little rough for me still.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
          Maps of Bullfrog. There is also a new trail in the works (Cake walk) to be done, some time the first of the year.

Thanks Curtis.
          Way to go Curtis. Just curious, who is spearheading these projects? Also, is the 'Cake Walk' in the same vincinity of BF? I think its pretty awesome for these folks are taking time and effort in figuring out and marking these trails.
          The B.F. sure has the profile of a 'mini'.....'con; surely on my favorite list.

Tony

Comment

Also, this will difinetly get more people out to JV area to enjoy, before it might fall into a state of 'ill fate'!

Comment

Mike K., Leader of several of the runs out there, is the person responsible for creating Bullfrog and is working on the new trail, "Cake Walk".

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                Mike K., Leader of several of the runs out there, is the person responsible for creating Bullfrog and is working on the new trail, "Cake Walk".
                Good to know. Kudos for Mike! I've had the opportunity to run with him twice already; him leading, but didn't know he was responsible for this.
                Wow, now I'm anticipating about the Cake Walk!

Comment

Bullfrog gps coordinates

Here are the coordinates for the first warmup slab and the official beginning of the trail. From then on, you just follow the red stakes and/or pieces of ribbon.

Warmup slab -

N 34* 29' 03.6"
                  W 116* 49' 08.9"

Official start - look for red stakes

N 34* 28' 48.6"
                  W 116* 48' 46.8"

Comment

bullfrog

had the opertunity to run bullfrog at the brp fun ride .what an awsome trail .very well thought out .it keeps you thinking thats for sure .do you happen to know the milage from start to finish .i forgot to get it ,thanks .

Comment

2.5 miles I believe.
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Believe you're right Curtis, thats what Shant had clocked it at on that one run.

Comment

Curtis,

What are the new trail ratings and requirements? I need to get back out there this weekend to check these out.

Mitch

Comment

Same as Bullfrog and yes you can do it Mitch

Comment

I want to extend a special thanks to Mike K. for laying out this trail. Mike must have spent a lot of time and effort on this project. This will become a favorite and popular run for many. I'm looking forward to meeting Mike on January 3RD. Good well done!

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                              X