Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mojave Road

This is the GPX file that follows the book by Dennis Casebier's “Mojave Road Guide”
    Last edited by dirtman13; 03-10-09, 07:21 PM.
    Check out .

This has the mile by mile points for the book plus some stuff I added from my trip.
    Last edited by dirtman13; 03-10-09, 07:21 PM.
    Check out .

Comment

Won't open

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
      This has the mile by mile points for the book plus some stuff I added from my trip.
      Chuck,

I got an error message trying to open this up. I opened the first one okay.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Convoluted mess

Hey guys when I open these maps, all I get is a convoluted mess, What am I doing wrong, if I try to zoom in then it gets so big that I cannot view it. I am very new to this, and even to gps. I have a Garmin e-trex vista/cx, seems like a good unit, rather small screen for my eyes which are getting older, I put the sd mapping card in it, city maps. Anyhow I want to learn how to use it to its fullest potential, any help from smart people will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Roger, I check the file when I get home.
          Hillbilly Bob, You may get the mess due to the fact that there are a ton of waypoints. It looks like a mess on my screen as well. I put every wayponit I could find on it so you can edit to your liking.
          Check out .

Comment

Cleaned up version
            Attached Files
            Check out .

Comment

Any tips on opening this file? Is there something I need to download first?
              Gregg Turk
              West Oak Hills
              greggturk.com
              95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

Originally posted by tgregg View Post
                Any tips on opening this file? Is there something I need to download first?
                You need a program that reads gpx files. I use MapSource and NG Topo.
                Check out .

Comment

Thanks, I have mapsource and I've been trying to figure it out. I'm not real good at computer stuff but I'm learning. Rich told me to save it which I've done but then I can't find it.
                  Gregg Turk
                  West Oak Hills
                  greggturk.com

Comment

I am not doing well and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. Save it, it tells me it has been saved but I don't get the option to "save as" so it just goes somewhere and I can't find it. I have struggled with this kind of thing with VISTA before. I'll try it on my desktop with XP.
                    Thanks
                    Gregg Turk
                    West Oak Hills
                    greggturk.com

Comment

Thanks all. For some reason I couldn't do this on VISTA. My XP system uploaded it just fine.
                      Gregg
                      Gregg Turk
                      West Oak Hills
                      greggturk.com

Comment

Originally posted by hillbillybob View Post
                        Hey guys when I open these maps, all I get is a convoluted mess, What am I doing wrong, if I try to zoom in then it gets so big that I cannot view it. I am very new to this, and even to gps. I have a Garmin e-trex vista/cx, seems like a good unit, rather small screen for my eyes which are getting older, I put the sd mapping card in it, city maps. Anyhow I want to learn how to use it to its fullest potential, any help from smart people will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
                        Just follow the instructions on the web site.My Vista took the load fine. It even works better than it has in the past.

Comment

It would be nice if non paying members can at least download. I can see uploading. Come on! While I do have most of the Mojave Road waypointed from other trips it would be nice for other files that people post. I have been doing the Mojave area since 1990.
                          "JJ" The PhotoJeeper
                          Ham Callsign: KG6HRA

Comment

here is a file of the trail i uploaded for google earth

http://www.mediafire.com/?yhaet5iimht
                            KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

For those interested there is a new revised 4th editon to Dennis Casebier's “Mojave Road Guide”. It's is labeled "The GPS Edition".
                              http://www.desertusa.com/web_cart/db/pages/5094.html
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X