Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin' for a job...

Well, I am now officially looking for work. Been with my (what WAS) current employer ( www.slaterbuilders.com ) for about 3-1/2 years. I've spent the last two years working as a Project Engineer on a $70 million infrastructure project for the new "District at Tustin Legacy" here in Tustin. It's basically done. I was told today that things have slowed down back at the office, so unfortunately, they have no projects to put me on at this time.

Anyone wanna hire a Project Engineer with many years of experience?

I'd appreciate any leads if anyone knows of any.

Thanks.
    -Bob
    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Wow, small world. I know that company. Used them to bid a few jobs for me. One this year. Anyway, I work in the hotel industry and we have openings all the time for Project Engineers. I also deal with several GC's in my line of work and I'll keep my eyes open for you. How far would you travel?
    Check out .

Comment

Let me know if you hear of anything...I spent 12 years in the hotel industry. Started out as a maint. man at 4 timeshare properties, then went to work for a company in Chicago that owned ~160 hotels (did a ****load of "capital improvements all over the midwest!), then went to work for a contractor that remodeled nothing but hotels foe a few years...I've seen hotels from all sides!
      -Bob

Comment

Are you HVAC certified? Either way I know someone that is hiring for a major hotel chain in Irvine. Also check out Irvine Company. I believe their still looking for people for the big Pelican Hill Resort. That place is going to be awesome.
        Check out .

Comment

Small world the company I work for is installing the doors at one of the pelican hill projects.
          <><
          4x4him.org

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post

I'd appreciate any leads if anyone knows of any.

Thanks.
            it'll take a few days but i can probably generate some leads for you. although i don't work in construction i know a lot of architects that know a lot of builders and can possibly find you several companies to research. not sure if you'd be doing hotels, though...

also talk to mtbikbob! he's a site super...and closer to your house i might add.

cheers and good luck, i'm sure you'll find something as the industry is pretty hopping out here right now.
            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Steelman, we have the possibility of several projects coming up in socal. This customer has a long time relationship with our company. They recently acquired a new chain of store's. These are grocery markets, but in construction its not a big leap to this type of work.
              This work probably wont break until after the first of the year, they have to put budgets together.
              We also have a bid out on a project in Phoenix that will need a (if we get it)Super.
              If nothing happens for you by the time these break send me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                Are you HVAC certified? Either way I know someone that is hiring for a major hotel chain in Irvine. Also check out Irvine Company. I believe their still looking for people for the big Pelican Hill Resort. That place is going to be awesome.
                Nope, not HVAC certified...I've been away from the "hands-on" part of it for a LONG time...my tools have been a computer, printer, and my pen.
                Thanks for the heads up though...I'll check those other sources out. :thumbs_up
                -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
                  it'll take a few days but i can probably generate some leads for you. although i don't work in construction i know a lot of architects that know a lot of builders and can possibly find you several companies to research. not sure if you'd be doing hotels, though...

also talk to mtbikbob! he's a site super...and closer to your house i might add.

cheers and good luck, i'm sure you'll find something as the industry is pretty hopping out here right now.
                  Thanks for the heads up Mike! Let me know if you hear ogf anything.
                  -Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 4point View Post
                    Steelman, we have the possibility of several projects coming up in socal. This customer has a long time relationship with our company. They recently acquired a new chain of store's. These are grocery markets, but in construction its not a big leap to this type of work.
                    This work probably wont break until after the first of the year, they have to put budgets together.
                    We also have a bid out on a project in Phoenix that will need a (if we get it)Super.
                    If nothing happens for you by the time these break send me a PM.
                    I've definitely done plenty of estimating/budgeting. I'll drop you a PM.
                    -Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X