Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Salada

Teamed up with a bunch of south of the border wheelers for a night run into a area that I think translated into Black rock hell.

Ya it was 113 at 7;00 meeting time , little toasty for me. They tell me hey gringo it well cool down no problemo..ok a say. Jeeze this guy in a bronco had his rear ducked taped to stopped the leaks ..it looked like a mummy.

These guys were a bit crazy , I fit rite in. Off we go 1 hr later we enter this canyon temperature was prob a cool 105. They say this canyon ends up by the volcano on de other side...ya I say who needs a volcano now..Its pretty friggen hot.

I flip the rock lights on they flip some high beems , flares, coronas and fireworks. Canyon's really sorta lit up. YA away we go!

30 min into this place the rocks start turning black , lots of them. The temps are starting to rise again. It must be 130 I think. Jeese junk starting to ride hard, I had my tires at 15 the be full up again. I let them down again to 10. Man its hot. Feel like a pig thats in a hole where they put in the Lava rocks to BBQ.

Ok cant take this heat much more, these guys must be on peyote heat dont affect them, guy in bronco wants my duc tape. Ok he leaking bad from the front. Guy in a black jeep is pooring tequela in his tank..

The trails a 10 hr run, bull i will melt first, time to make a uturn. Hasta I say, they all moon me ok I moon them back..lit the whole canyon up......guys jeep with the tequela exploded..
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

lmao!!! thats funny story
    Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Glad I wasn't with you on that one Vern, would of liked to see the exploding tequela Bronco....where's the video camera when you really need one? Sounded pretty comical.......I could use a good laugh right about now....I thing your adventure just gave me uno.....ha
      1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Working...
      X