Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone live around China Lake?

Any of you guys live out that way?

is there anything out there besides that base and the surrounding town?
    Just trying to get to Cali!

There are some pretty good trails out there in between Ridgecrest and California City. Last chance canyon and Nightmare gulch are a couple. There are areas all around that I havent been to yet.
    Dennis
    04 TJ
    4.0/Auto
    RE 4.5 Long Arm
    Rock-It Man Rockers
    33x12.50 BFG A/T
    desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Are you thinking that you may get transfered to China Lake?

Ridgecrest isn't too bad of a town, decent-sized, mostly oriented around the base and jobs that support the base. It is as typical Mojave Desert as you can get for climate and terrain.

Besides the cool trails that Deamer mentioned, there are lots of little side trails in that area to explore too. All the area between Randsburg and Lake Isabella are covered in trails. Also, the Trona Pinnacles and all the trails in Panamint and Death Valleys are within an hour or so.

A little further out, you can get to Johnson Valley and the Big Bear area in 2 or 3 hours.

Sooo... are you headed West?
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

unfortunatly not yet My plan to re-enlist in the marines and request california is being kinda foiled at the moment. Due to medical issues with my lungs they dont know if ill be able to re-enlist until i am looked at by there docters. So now i am looking at other options. There are a lot of jobs a China Lake i am qualified for, only thing that sucks is its in th middle of nowhere so the ole lady would have a hard time finding a job there for what she is going to school for. Just looking at all options to try and get out west pretty much!

Comment

Barstow is a fairly big town near China Lake. Not sure if that would help the Mrs' job search at all.

The "High Desert" (Victorville, Hesperia, Apple Valley etc...) is about 30-45 minutes away, and a handfull of us live in that area.

In terms of wheeling, you'd be real close to Calico! Plus a little over an hour from Johnson Valley, Big Bear and alot of other great wheelin spots.

I've explored the area around China lake a bit and there are a bunch of Indian Petroglyph sites, Stage Coach routes, signs of early habitation, Fossil Canyon, military aircraft wreck sites... Enough things to explore to keep you busy for awhile.

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

Man that sounds really cool! If I was single I would move there right now! Well I will just have to find something there that makes her want to live there. How far is it from the beach?

Comment

So what is she going to school for? unless it is something real specialized she should be able to find something. As far as the area ridgecrest is in the middle of everywhere. probably around 3-4 hours from LA, Vegas, and the beach. Some may be closer. The first year I lived in California City (about 50 miles from ridgecrest) I hated life. When I got the Jeep it all changed. I can drive almost all the way to ridgecrest off road. I wish you luck with the doctors. My new troop is being treated for asmtha so he is going through all the tests right now. He may be in the same situation as you.
              Dennis
              04 TJ
              4.0/Auto
              RE 4.5 Long Arm
              Rock-It Man Rockers
              33x12.50 BFG A/T
              desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

She is going to school for interor design

Comment

Working...
                X