Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paul_arc View Post
    That jerkey shop in bishop has the best tasting jerkey ive ever had! i stop by there everytime i go up to mammoth, so usually get it at least once a week. lol
    as for trail snacks i would have to say home made chocolate chip cookies in the cooler are bomb, and water mealon. not at the same time of coarse, thats just gross.
    Sounds like I need to go to Bishop! I LOVE jerky!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

trail mix is good or chex mix, pork rinds, jerky, corn chips, big deli pastrami sandwiches, chips, candy bars, etc. I always like to take tons of food too, you never know! lol
      Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubigirl View Post
        trail mix is good or chex mix, pork rinds, jerky, corn chips, big deli pastrami sandwiches, chips, candy bars, etc. I always like to take tons of food too, you never know! lol
        It sounds like you like to eat more than I do and im a hard one to compete with when it comes to eating. :drool:
        97' TJ, tera low 4:1, 60 HP rear, 44 HP front, arb, custom LA suspension, 37" MTR, warn xd9000i

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
          Just avoid the one in Olancha, unless that is as far north as you are going. Their flavored pastichios are okay, but the Jerky is expensive and average in quality. The shop in Bishop is fantastic though. The honey turkey jerky is daBomb!
          Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
          Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
          HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

anyone seen the "whatchamacallit" candy bars in the stores recently??

Comment

Grapes,trail mix,oranges,water mellon,lots of finger food. Oh ya, anything on a toasted bagel
              The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Or you could just go to their web site at www.smokedmeats.com and order from the internet. Try the "cowboy jerky." It is incredible.
                Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

This place has good jerky and my favorite trail snack.
                  Tequila flavored pistachios
                  http://alienfreshjerky.com/
                  Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    This place has good jerky and my favorite trail snack.
                    Tequila flavored pistachios
                    http://alienfreshjerky.com/
                    Oh no.... that place??? A friend stopped there on the way back from Vegas from our January trip and we had some of their 'hot' stuff. It was OK, but not 'out of this world' or hot for that matter!

Comment

I usually make my own jerky if it is a planned trip.
                      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr View Post
                        I usually make my own jerky if it is a planned trip.
                        I'm a huge jerky lover (as previously mentioned) so I bought a dehydrator to make my own. (Actually it was a birthday gift from the then girlfriend, now wife, but I would have bought one soon if I hadn't received one as a gift </off topic>)

I was super stoked to make my own and try different recipes. That was maybe 2 years ago and I've used it all of twice. I'm just too lazy for that type of thing. When I want jerky, I want it now, not 8-12 hours from now! Plus, getting the butcher to cut crappy meat into thin slices is another adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                          anyone seen the "whatchamacallit" candy bars in the stores recently??

I had one a couple of weeks ago . . . they have caramel now . . . I don't remember the whatchamacallit having caramel when I was a kid!
                          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                            I had one a couple of weeks ago . . . they have caramel now . . . I don't remember the whatchamacallit having caramel when I was a kid!

Now I have to find a store that sells them!!

Comment

Plus, getting the butcher to cut crappy meat into thin slices is another adventure.
                              Yea. I hear you. If you can find a butcher with a slicer, then it's good to go (you just want really think slices). I don't have any around here, but having worked a meat counter for many years when I was younger, I don't mind slicing it myself. I only get about 2 batches out a year tho. It kind of sucks.
                              Erik

I fix things.

Comment

im a big fan of burgers and dogs. on a fire when ya can, and the good old coleman stove when theres no fire to be had!! always good, warm, filling, and pretty easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X