Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Snacks

I don't know about you, but I always try to find something different to get for special snack on the trail...

This weekend I picked up Peanut Butter M&M's. I put them in the ice chest and in the heat of the afternoon, they were the bomb of treats!!

Just curious what you do for that special trail snack...

well there is always good old dirt boogers lol j/k

i like good oldfasioned trail mix or my wife got some dried fruit from costco and it was the shizzznit
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

I'm a big fan of Nature Valley Oats 'N Honey granola bars. They hold up in any weather and last forever. For biking, I really dig Cookies 'n' Cream Clif Bars.

Beyond that, I go for real good (sandwiches, fruit, etc.).
      Jeep: 2006 Midnight Blue WK Limited 4.7L•Bells/Whistles
      Mods: Tow Hooks•Skid Plates & Rails•Flowmaster 70•255/65R17 REVO's

Comment

Jerky!

Comment

Pretty much what ever is in a bag on the floor of my Jeep Del Taco, McDonalds, etc... i do really like the trail mix from costco though hmmmmm Kirkland Signature soooooo good.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
            well there is always good old dirt boogers lol j/k
            You are strange my man. That's why I like you! And if I'm not mistaken, they are NOT a Vegan food...
            Rat
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Sandwiches made on bagels. They hold up better than bread. Oh yeah, dittos on the Costco trail mix...........good stuff.
              I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

2x on the bagel sandwiches, they do hold up well!
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I am similar, always trying new stuff. Beef sticks work well for a bit, but for me ya just can't beat a sub sandwich or regular pastrami style deal. Lots of water, some caffeine, and I always try to bring MORE food than I believe I'll need. Much easier to chuck a couple sandwiches back in the fridge than starve on the trail for an extra 4 hours because someone (or me) is broken or stuck!

Cupcakes and hard candies work to get blood sugar up in a hurry, so you can keep your eyes on the rocks.
                  Rusty's 4.5 inch lift, 33" Mud Kings, soft 8 aluminum wheels, 3.55s, F. Locker R. posi, CB, extinguisher, 12,000 lb winch, rack, etc.

Comment

One thing I never leave without is string cheese - great protein kick!!

The trail mix...there is one at Target by Archer Farms called the Premium Mix - that one's the best I've ever had!! Lots of different kinds of nuts!!

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                      The trail mix...there is one at Target by Archer Farms called the Premium Mix - that one's the best I've ever had!! Lots of different kinds of nuts!!
                      Is it just me or is that statement really funny?!

oh and Slim Jims are the best things ever made... good stuff on the trail.
                      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

cashews, peanuts, or trail mix and several gallons of water. snack and drink between obstacles. drinking not recommended while in motion.

dirt boogers OK if you run out of trail mix. :tongue:
                        03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Garlic chicken wraps, always extra because I hate to see anyone eating an MRE. Pumpkin seeds, better than sunflower since there's no need to shell. Pound cake for something sweet because it holds up better, doesn't need a fork, and isn't sticky (making Chocolate Cinnamon and Rum Pecan for next weekend).

X2 on the string cheese.

I usually have gobs of food because my regular riders are two teenage boys (my son and my former student) and they eat the entire time. I've watched them break into the cooler when we were still airing down and disconnecting.

Comment

Originally posted by tiny terror View Post
                            I've watched them break into the cooler when we were still airing down and disconnecting.
                            LOL, sounds like my kids.

x2 on the Costo (Kirkland) trail mix. When in Bishop I ALWAYS stock up at the beef jerky shack on the north end of town. Everywhere else, I typically just have a Snickers bar along the way, and the best sandwich I can buy/steal/mooch/or make for a meal. I find that a nice crisp apple or orange is great at the end of the trail to clean the dirt out of the teeth.

I also buy those little packs of sliced salami, and my kids love those Tuna lunchables that are self contained tuna & crackers packages.

My favorite drink is Fuse on the trail, and Fuse and Vodka afterwards...
                            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
                              LOL, sounds like my kids.

x2 on the Costo (Kirkland) trail mix. When in Bishop I ALWAYS stock up at the beef jerky shack on the north end of town. Everywhere else, I typically just have a Snickers bar along the way, and the best sandwich I can buy/steal/mooch/or make for a meal. I find that a nice crisp apple or orange is great at the end of the trail to clean the dirt out of the teeth.

I also buy those little packs of sliced salami, and my kids love those Tuna lunchables that are self contained tuna & crackers packages.

My favorite drink is Fuse on the trail, and Fuse and Vodka afterwards...
                              That jerkey shop in bishop has the best tasting jerkey ive ever had! i stop by there everytime i go up to mammoth, so usually get it at least once a week. lol
                              as for trail snacks i would have to say home made chocolate chip cookies in the cooler are bomb, and water mealon. not at the same time of coarse, thats just gross.
                              97' TJ, tera low 4:1, 60 HP rear, 44 HP front, arb, custom LA suspension, 37" MTR, warn xd9000i

Comment

Working...
                              X