Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could'a made it...

Yesterday tha' Mrs. and I went out to El Mirage to meet a bunch of friends who were going to be out riding dirtbikes. Since my bike needs a rebuild we decided to take out "Project Terror-kee"

After meeting up with the gang, they went out for a trail ride and tha' Mrs. and I decided to go find some stuff to climb on.

After about an hour of wandering around the hills we found ourselves following a single track (motorcycle trail) down a wash. Ahead the trail grew narrow and some good sized rocks blocked the path. I got out to scout the trail.

"Whoa... I'm not sure If I can make this" I thought to myself.

"We can't make that" tha' Mrs says.

Now I've GOT to try it!!!

First an easy little pile of rocks on the passenger side.

After the rear tire drops off that you're faced with larger rocks in front of the other three corners.

Hmmm... If I can get passengers front tire up on that rock, I can squeeze drivers front right down the middle of the trail...

But that danged big rock at Drivers rear was too steep to get up on. And with rocks at the pass. rear I couldn't get over the extra foot needed to get around it.

I finally did wiggle back and forth enough to get drivers rear up onto that rock and it started to tip like it was going to topple into the side of the rig. hmmm

The soft deep sand of the wash was doing nothing to aid in traction to get up on the rocks. When the tires started digging in a bit with big rocks in front and behind me I decided to call it quits before I wedged myself in good with no one else there to give us a tug out.

So I had to back out up the wash over the rocks I had climbed over on the way in.

Looking at the pictures... I still think I could'a made it! heh heh

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

awww you could have made it! lol should have hit that hard driver and used the skinny pedal! Chicks dig body damage...
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

pics never show the difficulty of a trail.. we got to go wheelin crash..still got the fish tank???

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
        awww you could have made it! lol should have hit that hard driver and used the skinny pedal! Chicks dig body damage...
        Notice the dust in that last picture... That was my last ditch effort, rompin on the gas but it just kicked up sand.

Originally posted by xjkevin View Post
        pics never show the difficulty of a trail.. we got to go wheelin crash..still got the fish tank???

SURE! Trade ya for your rear bumper! LOL

I'm down for a wheelin trip... Let's bring Allen! (Gotta have somebody to pick on)

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

Sweet pics! We'll have to smash that thing through Rick's Wash when it cools down a bit. Hehehe, it'll make it!!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

You could make it. Of course at El Mirage it may cost you a couple sidewalls to do it.
            I've been told I have rocks in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH! View Post
              I'm down for a wheelin trip... Let's bring Allen! (Gotta have somebody to pick on)

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~
              AHAHAHAH yeah yeah im not the one getting stuck Kevin and I will be pickin on you! but i am all done with my rig for the time being so there will be a trip soon...
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

well lets go then, somebody set sompthing up??? what did you do Allen exo?

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                  AHAHAHAH yeah yeah im not the one getting stuck Kevin and I will be pickin on you! but i am all done with my rig for the time being so there will be a trip soon...
                  If you're done, where the hell are the pics?
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

They'll be up soon, i got to find the digi...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

it always looks like you can make it in the pictures! lol
                      Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Working...
                      X