Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Costa Rica

Fly out friday morn, come back almost 2 weeks later. My wife got me a ticket for dads day, blew my mind. She was just trying to match me for what I got her mothers day, I know it. Anyway my family is from out there and I have'nt been in about 5 years. No wife, no kids, tropical boonies. Don't be suprised if I don't come back, HA!
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Very nice! Have a good time, I know you've been wanting to go for a while.

Tom

Comment

yeah, it's so nice there. It's such a change of pace from the L.A. "speed zone" where life moves so fast. Avocados the size of footballs too, literally.

Comment

very nice, Paul.
        bring back some pictures. have a safe trip.
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Sweet Paul! I have a buddy thats building a house out there he cant stop talking about how great Costa Rica is... Hope you have fun. Be Safe.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

pictures?! bring back some avacados!!!
            :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Wow Paul. Have fun. Sounds like paradise to me.

Comment

Everybody is posting "Bring back ______" he said he might not come back... I'm going the other route... dibs on Paul's Jeeps!!!
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

HA! I'll come back for the kids and the jeeps............maybe the wife too, but anyway thanx guys, I'll take alot of pics and write up as much info as I can. CR is a great country, alot of Americans retire down there. Schools and universitys are free or really cheap and they got some of the best of them in central america. Education buget is a priority there which is why the economy is so good, put money into schools and you have better citizens, put money into prisons (here) and you have better criminals. If you notice you don't have alot of Costa Rican "immigrants" here like you do from other central and south american countries, 'cause they're happy there. Don't get me wrong it's still considered a third world country with its share of poverty but for the most part the people are happier than most.

Comment

you wouldnt happen to have an extra ticket? Im on summer break
                    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                      you wouldnt happen to have an extra ticket? Im on summer break
                      here you go

http://www.cheaptickets.com/App/View...e=interstitial

Comment

Flying out of my airport(LAX)?

Whups - it's Friday, off that day. Would have offered to buy you a cup.
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY
                        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Got back friday morn. So friggin' bummer, lost my camera! POS little kodak but still, it was my wife's and she almost killed me too. Still trying to figure out what happened to it. Had some killer pics too! A flock of vultures sitting roadside, (this suks having to describe my pics), alligators(Camens), a herd of cattle cruising along the road by my moms house, geckos that come out at night that crawl around and eat bugs that hang out by the lights, a moth with an 8" wingspan, all kinds of cool stuff. Bought my mom a dryer because she only had a washer and hanging out your clothes to dry in humid weather makes them stay a little moldy. Then spent half my vacation getting it installed, had to run a 220v line, long story. But had a good time, I needed the break. Saw some cousins I had'nt seen in a while and had a blast. Suks about the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
                            Got back friday morn. So friggin' bummer, lost my camera! POS little kodak but still, it was my wife's and she almost killed me too. Still trying to figure out what happened to it. Had some killer pics too! A flock of vultures sitting roadside, (this suks having to describe my pics), alligators(Camens), a herd of cattle cruising along the road by my moms house, geckos that come out at night that crawl around and eat bugs that hang out by the lights, a moth with an 8" wingspan, all kinds of cool stuff. Bought my mom a dryer because she only had a washer and hanging out your clothes to dry in humid weather makes them stay a little moldy. Then spent half my vacation getting it installed, had to run a 220v line, long story. But had a good time, I needed the break. Saw some cousins I had'nt seen in a while and had a blast. Suks about the camera.
                            Too bad about the camera. That'll teach ya to upload pics every day OF the trip! Maybe it'll show up down there, and they can mail it to ya! Good luck!
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

I was wonderin' about you Paul, hadn't heard from you since right before you left. Glad you a had a good time! You've got crappy luck with cameras

geeks.com has a polaroid 3.2 mp camera for $30 right now. Was thinking of picking one up to leave in the truck for those roadside freak shows
                              If it works, it's time to try something new

Comment

Working...
                              X