Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
    x10000001 except for the soy products... of course... maybe I should try that since regular sour cream gives me the runs...
    Try the soy sour cream at Whole foods it is great. i am lactose intolerant also !
    moon buggy
    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

She was a reason I originally tried veganism, but after I've tried it, I've enjoyed being vegan...it's weird how things you enjoy begins with infatuation.
      WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
        Who'da thunk something as simple as Tofu could support such a lengthy exchange of ideas! God Bless America!
        on a JEEP board no less.
        -Bob
        '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
          She was a reason I originally tried veganism, but after I've tried it, I've enjoyed being vegan...it's weird how things you enjoy begins with infatuation.
          To each his own but.... a little story for you.

I used to know a girl who was vegan and he would always say how its so much healthier not to eat meat etc... but for some reason she had to see a nutritionist every friday after school to make sure here diet was healthy... hmmmm healthier?
          and did you know that there are certain protiens that the human body needs that can only be found in beef, pork, and poultry?

I personally dont see how you could go from hunter (yeah i saw those pics you posted a while back) to vegan in like 3 days... I also dont see how no meat, eggs, and ESPECIALLY milk could be could for you... Get used to taking a bunch of supplements your gonna need them...

just my .02
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

it's not protiens. When broken down, it's not the protiens that can't be found, it's certain vitamins. And Vegans have trouble getting B-12, all other vitamins can be found in a meatless diet.
            WTF Mate?

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

wanna bet on that one, i have an AP Bio teacher that could tell you different
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

If you're in college...WHY are you taking AP Bio? AP classes are for high school kids looking to get college credit before they graduate ^.^

(I took AP history my junior year)

And maybe a good arguement with you Bio teacher might be pretty sweet! But I take a multivitamin anyway, even before I started the whole veggie thing, imho it's just a good idea ^.^

(Woot, I just upgraded...been takin' flinstones vitamins cause they are the shizz, now I'm taking a slightly larger dosage)
                WTF Mate?

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

i took AP Bio senior year...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
                    If you're in college...WHY are you taking AP Bio? AP classes are for high school kids looking to get college credit before they graduate ^.^

(I took AP history my junior year)

And maybe a good arguement with you Bio teacher might be pretty sweet! But I take a multivitamin anyway, even before I started the whole veggie thing, imho it's just a good idea ^.^

(Woot, I just upgraded...been takin' flinstones vitamins cause they are the shizz, now I'm taking a slightly larger dosage)
                    Oooooh, YJWB - you really don't want to kick open that door. If you do - have a fresh battery in the laptop, 'cuz reading just the studies available _online_ on the problems with meatless diets will be more than one laptop battery will carry
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Bwaha!! My laptop has an AC plug-in, and a power-saving mode.
                      WTF Mate?

______
                      [_____]
                      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                      []--o---[]

Comment

You'll need it.
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY
                        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

My wife's been a vegetarian for 15 years or so- I cook my own meat.

Most of the time I end up eating veggie stuff and it's pretty damn good for the most part. Gota have the burgers, steak and bacon sometimes though. Although... I have had a vegan "BLT" made with fake bacon (Fakon?) that is quite good.

Funny story, my wife is Mexican and her dad refused to eat any beans or anything made without lard. He came to visit one weekend and she made beans W/O lard (used olive oil) and made tacos using Boca Burger crumbles (ground beef substitute) and he declared them the best tacos and beans he'd had in a long time- he never knew there was no meat.
                          On a side note- don't try to make meatloaf with Boca Burger crumbles- I tried and nearly puked, it was so bad!

Luck man,

Chad
                          Last edited by tjchad; 06-27-07, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjchad View Post
                            I cook my own meat.

Chad
                            Ouch! Doesn't that hurt??!! :bonk:
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                              Ouch! Doesn't that hurt??!! :bonk:
                              LOL! That has to hurt...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

O.o wow...um...i'm at a loss of words
                                You boys SERIOUSLY worry me.
                                WTF Mate?

______
                                [_____]
                                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                                []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
                                X