Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tofu user...Help!

Well, I'm trying tofu for the first time. I thought I'd give it a shot while my Girlfreind is away taking summer college classes int he neighboring state. She's Vegan, so I thought I'd learn some stuff about it, and make her dinner when she gets back ^.^

Well...I thought I'd start out with the steriotypical vegetarian food...tofu. Well...I don't know how to keep it from falling apart >.< that and I don't know how to properly get all the water out. Sooo...after my first FLOP with tofu...I thought i'd ask for some advice before attempting it again...

Thanks
    -Cory...
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

I'd find a new girlfriend or either tell her you aren't changing your diet. Tofu is gross. No flavor.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Start checking out Prius' too
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Just like Dad says, I'd "DTB" (www.blowmeuptom.com).

Find yourself a good meat eater.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Hahaha!! Although there may very well be some veg's on this site ... I sure haven't met any of em

"Never send a vegetable to do a cow's job!"
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

If God didn't want us to eat cows, he wouldn't have made them taste like meat!
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals :yum:

Comment

You guys are silly...but that's cool...that makes me MJR's resident vegetarian...and (while this is so ironic) Badah bah bah bahh, I'm lovin' it.
                WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
                  You guys are silly...but that's cool...that makes me MJR's resident vegetarian...and (while this is so ironic) Badah bah bah bahh, I'm lovin' it.
                  Count me in too. tofu is good once you get the hang of it start easy with a tofu chili recipe. tofu is also good with seaweed yum tofu lasagna is also good
                  Jeanne
                  If you're not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.

Comment

Scrappy, you should really throw this guy a bone and cough up a few of these tofu recipies, I think he's in dire straights for the v8 4-1-1 !

YJWonderboy you should be looking into some Aisian recipies, they are high on that Tofu stuff over in Japan- I know I spent 3 years over there trying to avoid it! can't be done though, and I had some, and it can be prepared so that you kinda start to like the stuff!

The only thing that I never got is if Vegiatarians don't want to eat meat, why do they come up with all kinds of recipies to make the Tofu and vegitables taste, smell and look.... like meat?

and really how would they know if they got it right or not?
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Somebody BAN these veggies... j/k hahahaha
                      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Kill it and grill it.
                        Dan

Comment

Ewwwwwww, even I won't eat tofu - and I eat snails!
                          Oscar

Comment

Cory,

I've never tried to cook tofu, but I've watched my mother prepare it. First, she cuts the block of tofu into 1/2 inch cubes. If she's making soup, she dumps the tofu cubes into the soup, but if she's making fried tofu, she puts the cubes between some paper towels on a cutting board, and places a frying pan over them for a few minutes to squeeze out the excess water before frying them in peanut oil.

Russ
                            If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                            KI6MLU

Comment

http://www.bento.com/tf-recp.html
                              Go here. There are lots of recipies and links for you to get ideas from.
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X