Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Michigan

Hey yall I am a new member. I have a 79 CJ-7 that has no engine right now. No tranny right now, but pretty much the rest is there. I am planning on doing a budget build to it. So give me some ideas on what to do to make it run.

My plans are a 350smblockchevy, turbo 350 or 400 trans, don't know on transfer case, 4 inch suspension lift. I plan on running 35 inch tires and leaving the rest pretty much stock. Any suggestions.

I want to use this to drive trails and off road, and to get to my hunting spot. As well a daily driver when needed.

It has a hard top on it which I am going to keep using.

So how does my set up sound.

About me I am a hunter I hunt pretty much everything.
    I am an outdoors person, hunting, fishing, camping, off roading. I grew up building mud trucks big fords and chevys.

Now I have my dream truck a CJ 7. Now I don't know nothing but that is why I have you guys.

Hi Scott! Welcome aboard! I went to EMU!

Sounds like you got fun project good luck with it and hope we can give you a bunch of pointers. Your jeep rocks!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Hey Scott. Welcome to the board! I used to live in Kzoo.
      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
        Hi Scott! Welcome aboard! I went to EMU!

Sounds like you got fun project good luck with it and hope we can give you a bunch of pointers. Your jeep rocks!
        I used to be out by you. I was in the corps stationed at camp pendelton but did alot of time at 29palms or 29stumps as they call it.

Comment

Working...
        X