Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Me About Arizona

My significant other is offered a job in Pheonix, Arizona and I my other invited me to move too.

Scary. I have never been out of my own backyard! I have a good job. I work as an administrative assistant/manager for a small privately owned abstracting firm. Hate to leave that.

Part of me wants to go, but it seems so far away and different.

So tell me about Arizona. One thing is for sure, if I go I will definitely sell the Titan and get another Jeep. That much I am looking forward to.
    Jeanne
    If you're not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.

A couple of downsides, it's freakin' hot - especially Pheonix. Also, Pheonix is a big sprawling town without much character.

A major plus: Lots of 4 wheelin close to town, lots of 4WD shops and clubs. Everything from mild to extreme and lots of people to go with.

The desert might take some getting used to, nothing but rocks, cactus and scrub.

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/

:cactus:
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

I've driven through there a few times via the 10 fwy and could'nt understand how people live in that heat. But then I grew up in Santa Monica, the most perfect weather in the world
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Imagine the beach without the water.

Comment

Originally posted by scherf68 View Post
          Imagine the beach without the water + 110* weather.
          Fixed it for ya.
          But then the mobs of people in L.A., unsafe kids schools, crime, I'd adapt just for a little better poeple enviroment. I've been to Presccott and really liked it there. A little cooler too, it's up in elevation.
          “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
          -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I moved from Michigan to the desert. It was love at first sight for me! Now lets' see ...

If you hate rain and humidity - then you might want to move to AZ.

If you want to leave your jeep top in your garage most of the year, then you might want to move to AZ.

If you'd prefer an occasional lizard instead of flesh-eating mosquitoes, then you might want to move to AZ.

If you want to wheel lots of ROCKS and climb some of the toughest, most famous trails in the country, then you might want to move to AZ.

If you're allergic to mold and decaying leaves, if you'd yearn to see 360 days of sunshine a year, if you'd like to see palm trees at Christmas, if you hate shoveling snow and driving on black ice, if you want to live somewhere else just to see what it's like for once, then I'd say DOOOO IT!!

Heck, you can always move back someday. Do it while you have the chance. Why do you think it's so populated out this way!?
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Summer in Phoenix

My daughter graduated from ASU and loves Phoenix. I do too. When I visit her in the summer, we plan our outdoor activities before 9 am or after sunset. Night wheeling is common during the summertime. Although my Jeep has air conditioning, I don't use it because I take the soft top and doors off and enjoy the breeze (I use a bikini top for shade).

The air is usually dry, so the heat is not bad if there is a breeze, but occasionally during the summer, tropical moisture will move in from the Gulf of Mexico, and they will have thunderstorms in Phoenix. I cannot forget how uncomfortable I was when it was 110 degrees and raining!! I had to remove the carpets and pull the drain plugs to get rid of the water that had pooled on the floor of my Jeep.

A great source of info on jeeping in Arizona is the Arizona Virtual Jeep Club site. There are plenty of trails close to Phoenix, and several are near man-make lakes, so you can go wheeling to a secluded cove and go swimming or just sightseeing. The red rock canyons of Sedona are only about two hours away. Here is a link to some pictures. We have a few MJR members who live in Arizona, so if Chris L. (Aston) ever gets his rig running, maybe we can get a few runs scheduled there
              If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
              KI6MLU

Comment

-Bob
                '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Don't move for a girl. (hehehe... flame suit on)
                  If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Scottsdale, AZ March 11, 2006

These photos were taken by my daughter on March 11, 2006 in Scottsdale, AZ:

[SIZED]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/UF92134/Scottsdale%202006-Mar/scottdsale7.jpg[/SIZED][COLOR="White"] ..[/COLOR][SIZED]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/UF92134/Scottsdale%202006-Mar/scottdsale.jpg[/SIZED]
                    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                    KI6MLU

Comment

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Imagine the beach without the water.
                        Yikes! I am not far from the Atlantic Coast. I have to admit, the temperatures are more hot than what I am used to.

I moved from Michigan to the desert. It was love at first sight for me! Now lets' see ...

If you hate rain and humidity - then you might want to move to AZ.

If you want to leave your jeep top in your garage most of the year, then you might want to move to AZ.

If you'd prefer an occasional lizard instead of flesh-eating mosquitoes, then you might want to move to AZ.

If you want to wheel lots of ROCKS and climb some of the toughest, most famous trails in the country, then you might want to move to AZ.

If you're allergic to mold and decaying leaves, if you'd yearn to see 360 days of sunshine a year, if you'd like to see palm trees at Christmas, if you hate shoveling snow and driving on black ice, if you want to live somewhere else just to see what it's like for once, then I'd say DOOOO IT!!

Heck, you can always move back someday. Do it while you have the chance. Why do you think
                        SOLD!!!!

As for moving with my other, who knows. If it doesn’t work out, maybe I can stay on my own or beg my boss for my job back.
                        Jeanne

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                          These photos were taken by my daughter on March 11, 2006 in Scottsdale, AZ:

[SIZED]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/UF92134/Scottsdale%202006-Mar/scottdsale7.jpg[/SIZED][COLOR="White"] ..[/COLOR][SIZED]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/UF92134/Scottsdale%202006-Mar/scottdsale.jpg[/SIZED]
                          Cool pics. Snow??????!!!!
                          Jeanne

Comment

I put my notice in today. Hopefully I will be ready to go in about a month.
                            Jeanne

Comment

Arizona 4Wheelin'

Florence area - SE of Pheonix...

http://rides.webshots.com/album/557587314UgXBoD

http://rides.webshots.com/album/557588132UjvhRk
                              "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X