• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking back the left lane

Slow drivers need not apply

Taking back the left lane
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Is there one for the rear window when, driving to the far right, that says, "Just Go Around" ???

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish View Post
      :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

LMAO, I grew up in NY where we have no mercy on slow drivers in the left lane. you'll get flashed, tailgated, or the the cops will pull you over for blocking the flow of traffic if you drive in the left lane slower than everyone else. I feel sorry for all you Socal residents that have to deal with this.
      Last edited by maddmike; 04-28-07, 04:25 PM.
      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Yeah, the concept of "Drive Right!" never really got to us in Cali, and of course if its written in english most won't understand anyways...
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

some states if you drive in the left lane and people are passing you on the right you can get a ticket.

Like wyoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
            Yeah, the concept of "Drive Right!" never really got to us in Cali, and of course if its written in english most won't understand anyways...
            TOOO TRUE.....maybe the arrow will help.
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

HAHA!! Sweet - what a great idea! I need one of those for the miata and the jeep!

You Socal drivers :cactus: me off! Did any of you pass driver's ed??

:gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

some states if you drive in the left lane and people are passing you on the right you can get a ticket.

Like wyoming.
                Really? I grew up in Wyoming and never saw that. Maybe I just got lucky! :dunno:

:whip:
                -Bob
                '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
                  Really? I grew up in Wyoming and never saw that. Maybe I just got lucky! :dunno:

:whip:
                  bob, that's probably because most of the time you drove there were no other vehicles on the road anyway.

:oops:

03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                    HAHA!! Sweet - what a great idea! I need one of those for the miata and the jeep!

You Socal drivers :cactus: me off! Did any of you pass driver's ed??

Ya what she said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nocal drivers too!!!!!!!!!!
                    :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post
                      bob, that's probably because most of the time you drove there were no other vehicles on the road anyway.

You are more on target than you know!
                      -Bob
                      '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by maddmike View Post

wyo law.

Comment

A quick google search to prove we're not crazy!

Here's a funny from IL:
                          I was in the left lane passing some trucks going thru the open road toll. I noticed a state trooper not to far behind so I signal'd to get over but couldn't becuz of a truck and service van next to me. When I checked my mirror again the officer was now directly behind me(on my bumper).I was now blocked in. I made sure I wasn't speeding and eventually was able to get over. The officer pulled next to me and yelled over his speaker for me to let my window down. He then told me "Stay out of the left lane becuz you're driving to slow".The next thing I know he's behind me with his lights on. When he approached the car I ask what the speed limit was to make sure I wasn't mistaken. He said 55 which is what I was doing. I was given a citation for driving in the left lane too long. He said that I should've sped up or slowed down to get around traffic. Now I'm confused. He'd just told me I was going to slow(doing the speed limit) and if I would've sped up I would've been speeding.
                          Virginia:
                          The bill, which still needs Senate approval, would clearly spell out in state law that the only time drivers should be in the far left lane of a highway is when the driver is passing a vehicle. The bill does allow for exceptions, such as a left-hand exit ramp, avoiding debris in the road or during traffic jams. Violators would face fines as high as $100.
                          More IL:
                          SPRINGFIELD -- Interstate travelers often slow down because they're scared of being caught speeding by lurking Illinois state troopers. But they also should be careful that their pokey driving doesn't hold up urgent traffic in the left lane. That's illegal, too.

State police have cited 289 drivers holding up left-lane traffic on interstates since it became illegal in 2004, according to state police. They gave tickets to 100 left-lane lollygaggers last year.

"If you can get over, and you don't, you're violating the law," he said. "Most of the time, it's pretty blatant."
                          Minnesota:
                          The Chief of the Minnesota State Patrol says that two wrongs don't make a right when it comes to driving in the left lane. Col. Anne Beers argues that speeding in the left lane is wrong, but it's also wrong to camp there and refuse to move to the right so faster-moving traffic can pass. "We know there is aggressive behavior out on the highways. Why contribute to that?" she said. "Let someone who wants to go faster go by you and your stress stays under control." According to the article in the Star Tribune, drivers in Minnesota, USA, are not consistently moving to the right lane when possible to allow others to pass--as required by state law. Highway signs indicating "Slower traffic keep right" have not helped.
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

foolish, bunch of four- wheelers. Just try leaving 5 minutes earlier, and you won't have to be in a hurry.

Comment

Taking back the left lane

That's hilarious..somebody's making millions off those decals! But yea, slow drivers in the left lane see nothing but my Stinger up thier *ss when they're in front of me. grrr
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X