Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It finally happened!

Just for kicks, I was checking my bank account online and I discovered that some vile piece of human flesh :censor: took my debit card number and proceeded to go on a spending spree. My bank did catch this and just this week,sent me a message about some odd activity but at first I thought it was one of those phishing (sp) schemes. Turns out it wasn't. I figured that if my account was going to be suspended, the next time I used my card, the sale would be declined.
    The bank did credit my account for the charges but I had to cancel my card, wait for a new one, blah, blah, blah.
    I just never thought it would happen to me. I even checked my Paypal account after Paulhead's post.
    Just to think, my wife was always giving me crap about checking the account online.

I'm pretty diligent about looking at my numbers on most of my accounts almost on a daily basis, that's how I caught my situation. Just can't answer emails that look suspicious or click on there contents . Get a keystroke virus and the fun begins. Alot of pishing is done through fake paypal and ebay emails. I almost always get a few after I've done transactions on ebay.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Jason,
      You're now in the club my freind. Sorry to say...

Glad the bank was cool and fixed it fast. Mine did as well.

Kurt
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Firewall Accounts

I just learned about a new buzzword: firewall accounts. I guess I should use one for my online spending.
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
          ... Get a keystroke virus ...
          Therein lies most of your problems.... you all use Micro$oft Windows...

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post

I've really been thinking a lot about getting a MAC, but I've heard a lot of problems with compatability and such. I don't use my home computer for very much stuff from work, but the Gov't is full blown microsoft and if I were to need to work at home, I couldn't with a MAC. (just what I've heard)
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Yeah, I like your attitude, Mac all the way.

Sorry to hear about your situation, seems this is happening more often these days.

B&T TJ

Comment

i've been there too.
                throught the credit union i have my checking/debit, savings, and credit linked together... that is just how they do it. before i noticed a problem, they were reaching the limit of the credit card, having already gone through the rest of it.

yhose bastards spent almost 10G at TEXACO!
                how could the bank not see this as a problem?:fire:

i'm glad you got yours worked out, Jason... did they charge you the 50 bucks?
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I'll drink to that!

Jason, sorry to hear about all of this. The same thing happened to me when I first moved to California. They stole the debit card out of my mail and paid a big-a55 phone bill. My bank, however, would't press charges and didn't give me the money back right away. (I then switched banks.) To this day I will not carry a debit card that can pay for things at a store.
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                  X