Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypal acct got compromised

Hate to admit it but maybe I can get some advice here. I'm checking my emails and see one from paypal saying that a transfer from my bank acct to my paypal acct is in proccess. So I go to my paypal acct (straight to paypal.com, not through the email) and I see a tranfer in proccess from my bank acct for a VERY large amount of money, a transfer only to paypal not out to another source. This was last night around 7pm. I called the bank and they did'nt see the transaction, paypal did. Well at the time it must have already been on the cyber freeway because this morning my acct was withdrawn for the amount leaving me in the dirt. Paypal said the money was'nt in yet and wont clrear till next week so I'v change all my security stuff and both institutions said they would refund any accrued fees. Paypal said the money would be there and they could put a freeze on my acct but then I would'nt be able to get my money out. I don't understand that. I now see I should have had my paypal connected to a small savings acct that if compromised it would'nt be this severe. So again, any advice would be appreciated, thanx.
    Last edited by paulhead; 04-14-07, 11:11 AM.
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Repeat offenders

Barb does a lot of transactions on eBay and get's this ALL the time. She hasn't connected the paypal to a bank account for this very reason. She only has it connected to a small credit card. This leaves her account "unverified", but she's able to do most everything she wants with it that way.

I'm really sorry to hear about all of this. It sucks to have someone hack your junk and leave you stranded like this. Hope you get it straightened out soon.
    Last edited by USMC 0369; 04-14-07, 10:48 AM. Reason: OCD about grammar.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

yuck. this computer transfer stuff is just too much. Given all the things these wacho's seem to be able to get over the computer and our connections to the internet.
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

I keep a very SMALL credit card for paypal use only. If my account is compromised, it will hardly be worth their trouble.
        Jeanne
        If you're not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space.

Comment

I have made some paypal purchases recently and changed passwords. I got the normal notifications confirming the changes. I also got a few that said they were from paypal that looked suspicious. I deleted them and moved on, didn't think to much of it. After reading your post I checked my account......so far all is good. I hope you can get resolved without to many problems
          1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Comment

Sorry to hear that, yeah i have a seperate acct for paypal, that i keep pretty much no money in and only transfer money to that acct. when i use paypal to buy things... Hopefully all goes well.
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Wells Fargo rocks. They got high fees on stuff but I've always gotten my moneys worth out of them. They were able to resolve my problem. Learned my lesson. :bart:
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Great to hear! Glad everything worked out. and yes Wells Fargo does Rock!
                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

most of the banks these days handle things like this quickly, and with little impact on the person being defrauded.
                  i think the most it can cost you is $50.00. they will most often waive that fee just to keep you as a customer.

i'm glad you got this all worked out.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                  X