Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ride!

Yes... I finally got myself into a newer ride! 2000 Jeep Wrangler SE 4x4. 92k, 5spd, soft top, off road tires.

The 92 YJ was just dying too fast so I traded it in. Suprisingly I got $2,100 for my old YJ which it wasnt worth more than maybe $1000, and final price for the TJ was $8,979.

Unfortunately I had to get the 4cyl cuz I couldnt find a 6cyl in a 5spd and the right color that was in my price range so I was kinda worried about mileage, but so far with 31's I'm getting about 15-17mpg highway which is pretty good for those tires considering my YJ got about 10mpg.

Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Sweet man looks good. Ive always liked yellow.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Looks great! Congrats! I dig the yellow too
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

very nice, looks clean. my first jeep was the solar yellow too.
        Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

looks good im geting about 18 on 33's in the JK lol

Comment

Yeah it's pretty sweet. Having a start-up problem though, sometimes it cranks over for a bit before it fires. Looks like it hasnt had a good thorough tune-up in a while though.

I'm already looking at different wheels. JC Whitney has some black ones I might order up in a couple weeks.
            Yellow 01 Sport

Comment

Congratz! Looks good.
              Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Yellow Jeeps rock! I swear I Will own one someday.
                Nice upgrade from the YJ.

Comment

the crank problem is an easy fix! The same thing happened to my pop's old '98! It's the fuel pump. Just drop the tank (preferably without anyhting in it!), and pull the pump, (You can buy replacements at you local auto parts store, I think), and put the new one in. If that doesn't work...it may be your crank position sensor...which is a bit more expensive, but I doubt it's that!
                  WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                  [_____]
                  (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                  []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin92 View Post
                    Yeah it's pretty sweet. Having a start-up problem though, sometimes it cranks over for a bit before it fires. Looks like it hasnt had a good thorough tune-up in a while though.

I'm already looking at different wheels. JC Whitney has some black ones I might order up in a couple weeks.
                    Could be the backflow check valve (I believe it's called). Try turning the key to the on position and leave it for a few seconds before you crank it over.

Congrats on the new toy! :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
                    -Bob
                    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Lets go get it dirty!!!! Lots of mud your way.
                      You got to love a jeep.
                      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                      (Charles Wells)

Comment

I like the yellow! Congrat's!

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
                          the crank problem is an easy fix! The same thing happened to my pop's old '98! It's the fuel pump. Just drop the tank (preferably without anyhting in it!), and pull the pump, (You can buy replacements at you local auto parts store, I think), and put the new one in. If that doesn't work...it may be your crank position sensor...which is a bit more expensive, but I doubt it's that!
                          Yeah I think its a issue with fuel not getting to the engine right away. I will check out the stuff in the quote below this first, if that doesnt work then I will check the pump.

Originally posted by steelman View Post
                          Could be the backflow check valve (I believe it's called). Try turning the key to the on position and leave it for a few seconds before you crank it over.

Congrats on the new toy! :thumbs_up :thumbs_up
                          I have tried leaving the key on for a few seconds, a few times it worked, a few times it didn't. Where is this valve at and can it be checked and replaced?

I changed the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. They looked like they had never been touched. The wires wouldn't budge I had to rip them off, the plugs were burned down all the way to the porcelain, it was like a 1/8" gap! Cap and rotor were pretty corroded. Didn't help at all with startup though but like I said before I'm thinking its the back flow valve deal.

I'm also having problems with the heater controls. I knew the fan speed was out for the #3 setting when I bought it, but I now found that the vent controls dont work. it just stays on the defrost setting. Not too worried about it now since its not cold enough to really need it but eventually gona hafta look into it. thought maybe someone might have had the same issues?

If a mod would rather have this in a tech forum since questions have popped up please move it to the appropriate place. Wasnt really expecting to be asking Q's in this post haha.

Anyways. Thanks for the comments. I'm doing some siding work for a friend of mine and I'm getting new black rims, front and rear bumpers, step rails, and black grille inserts with the $ I get for the siding work. Then it's onto the engine and exhaust to try and bump up the power and mileage a little bit.
                          Yellow 01 Sport

Comment

Working...
                          X