Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska!

This is the ultimate trail run. I'm on Kodiak Island. The owner of the lodge I'm staying at has a Jeep (CJ). Says there are killer trails all over the island, even in the National Park. It would be awsome to plan a wheeling trip up here. I'm going to find out what it would take to get Jeeps out to the island. I'm taking pictures out the arse and hope to see some Grizzlys.

See ya'all,
    Kurt
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Glad you made it ok! Can't wait to see the pics. You missed a soapy hot tub!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

wow, I can't wait to see the pic's also! have a safe trip home.
      Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

grizzly are scary! i dont care what anyone says they are SCARY!! i can within 15 feet of one while looking for a deer, and it started to pop its jaw, and for those that dont know that that is a very very bad thing, well its a very very bad thing.
        :devil: Giffer

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          This is the ultimate trail run. I'm on Kodiak Island. The owner of the lodge I'm staying at has a Jeep (CJ). Says there are killer trails all over the island, even in the National Park. It would be awsome to plan a wheeling trip up here. I'm going to find out what it would take to get Jeeps out to the island. I'm taking pictures out the arse and hope to see some Grizzlys.

See ya'all,
          Kurt
          Hi Kurt!!! That's my home town!! We own Anton Larsen Island and parts of it are for sale! It's easy to get the Jeeps up there - there is a ferry, we call the "Rusty Tusty", that you can take from Seward or Anchorage to Kodiak Island. The vehicles are stored below and you stay in the rooms above. It's a great trip and absolutely beautiful!!! Am looking forward to seeing pic's!

Comment

Wow Kurt, your adventures never cease to amaze me. Hope everything goes well and you get back safe. Have fun man! and make sure you post up pics!
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Wow dude, I'm envious of you, I love traveling. Actually we were talikng about one of our work facilities up there and how they got like 200 job openings. If it was'nt for my kids I'd probably give it a shot. Have fun bro, I'm jealous.
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

me me me..... me too!!! I wanna go!!
                Hmmmmm......a ferry called 'Rusty Tusty'. Like ....trusting a floating rust can?
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                  Hi Kurt!!! That's my home town!! We own Anton Larsen Island and parts of it are for sale! It's easy to get the Jeeps up there - there is a ferry, we call the "Rusty Tusty", that you can take from Seward or Anchorage to Kodiak Island. The vehicles are stored below and you stay in the rooms above. It's a great trip and absolutely beautiful!!! Am looking forward to seeing pic's!
                  Damn Jewl,
                  You're killin me here. You actually own some of this real estate? Achtung Leibe, I want some...
                  I love the flight over on the DC3. The first time I came up here, the starboard engine had a little fire at start up. Nothing like instilling some confidence in your passengers with a little engine fire! I think I've seen the ferry you're talking about. Does it pull in to the village at the fishing docks?
                  OK, we are definitely planning an MJR trip to Alaska...

Comment

the village at the fishing docks....

Ok, that village is the city of Kodiak! Hello? we only have like 35 miles of paved road... only two stoplights... and one big Russian Orthodox Church... but really it's a sight to see.... follow the Buskin River north... past the golf course (thank you Coast Guard!)to Anton Larsen Bay, and that island that you see out in the bay.... past the boat launch... past the dock... you see it? ....

we own that thing.
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Jesse,
                      I've been to Anton Larson Bay. Not sure I remember seeing the island. I beleive it was raining and foggy when I went there. I've fished the Russian river, fished off the docks at Alaska Pacific Seafood's peir and caught a 90 pond Halibut. ANd I had a buddy stationed at the Coast Guard station there. He hated it. I told him I'd take his place. Anyway, I'm massively jealous of you now, may not talk to you again, unless I get to go spend the night on your island...

Rat

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                        Jesse,
                        I've been to Anton Larson Bay. Not sure I remember seeing the island. I beleive it was raining and foggy when I went there. I've fished the Russian river, fished off the docks at Alaska Pacific Seafood's peir and caught a 90 pond Halibut. ANd I had a buddy stationed at the Coast Guard station there. He hated it. I told him I'd take his place. Anyway, I'm massively jealous of you now, may not talk to you again, unless I get to go spend the night on your island...

Rat
                        Rat,
                        You can stay anytime you wish!! We have 6 1/2 acres for sale on Anton Larsen Island. Buy it and then you can say you own part of an island in Alaska, too!

We can chat more at the Calico event next weekend :-)

Jul

Comment

I grew up in Anchorage, Alaska from 4th grade through my Freshman year in HS. (the best year of my HS education) It was pretty much the best part of my entire childhood. (not that I have grown up yet) I was just thinking about it the other day and found my old neighborhood on Google earth. It was funny to see how much the old neighborhood had actually changed. We fished all over the Southern hot spots incl. Russian river, Chitna, Homer, etc. and it was a blast. I am really looking forward to traveling up there w/ my wife in the near future to see it again. If you have never been, I highly recommend seeing it.

BTW, I am Really jealous of RP's trip and DJ's real estate. I am currently shopping for land in AZ. Hmmm....maybe a summer spot in AK? hmmmm....

Comment

BTW, I am Really jealous of RP's trip and DJ's real estate. I am currently shopping for land in AZ. Hmmm....maybe a summer spot in AK? hmmmm....[/quote]
                            John,
                            Before you buy land in AZ, talk to me. Been down that road a couple of times.
                            Rat

Comment

rat, if you are planning a road trip to alaska sign me up. i have family in anchorage and would love to do some wheeling in the eternal sunshine, perhaps next spring...

I'd love to go back again, it's phenomenal. enjoy your stay!
                              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                              X