Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Patriot

is it me...or could the Patriot be the "New XJ?" It looks rather rugged, and it's still a short wheelbase! I read an article it's actualy built on a Wrangler platform! It's got a 172hp, which for a little SUV, seems sufficient, saying as the Wrangler I6's were never known for gobs of horsepower either (Although the new V6 in the JK's sounds SWEET!!) SO, opinions on the new jeep? Sweet Jeep? Or Junk Heep?
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

so not the new XJ then... if its built off a wrangler platform and is a short wheelbase.

but... Like this its not to shabby lookin.
    [SIZED]http://seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Jeep-Patriot-SEMA-Concept-Front-Angle-Tilt-1024x768.jpg[/SIZED]
    [SIZED]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/Jeep1991/2006-Jeep-Patriot-SEMA-Concept-Rear.jpg[/SIZED]
    Last edited by swbooking; 03-15-07, 08:55 PM.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I don't like it, looks like a station wagon! lol
      Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

looks like a chevy yukon, just smaller, looks like eveyr other suv out there, with plastic and roof racks and all that bs that a jeep dont need

Comment

To me it looks like "every other SUV out there" but with a Jeep twist.... I like it, especially the price tag and the one modded (although only slightly) that Allen posted!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Just bought a new Grand Cherokee (with the QuadraDrive vice QuadraTrac):wink: , but while I was there the dealership was really excited about the Patriot (they were getting their first one off the truck) and Compass as well. Been starting to see the Compasses on the road.

It is obvious Jeep is aiming for some other markets - as long as they keep their Trail Rated vehicles true to form, I'm not going to complain about them trying to keep Chrysler afloat.

Comment

To tell you the truth after looking at those pics for a bit i do like it. Once im an engineer ill buy one and do a soild front axle swap and show everyone up on the trails like some of the KJ guys are doing
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

i think they look pretty sharp! i havent seen any up here and this is the first ive heard of them, anybody know more about them??
                :devil: Giffer

Comment

Tha Mrs and I went by the Jeep Dealer yesterday to take a look at the Patriot. They only had one in stock and it was a two wheel drive, 4 cyl. baseline model.

But for $21,000 it's alot better than most other things out there in the same price range. (as an around town commuter car)

But then something else caught Tha Mrs' eye... :devil:

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

Comment

May i ask what was the something else...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X