Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strangest things happen to me...:)

While my Daughters and I were on our way home from Target today, we drove by this rooster on the side of the road in a tract home neighborhood. Laughing, we turned around to get a better look at him. We pulled over, I got out, and walked slowly up to him...he was very frightened. My daughter got out of the car as well. We were worried that he was going to run across the street...and tried to herd him back to the landscaped meridian that he was at when we pulled up. Instead, he jumped into the car.

So...now I have a rooster in the drivers seat of the car. Christina gets back in the car and puts her hand on him...and hes TAME. Just Very scared. She picks him up, he settles into her lap and relaxes. Hes obviously someones pet.

So we brought him home, and put him in the rabbit hutch. We need to find him a home in the next day or so, I really really don't want a rooster. (I cant wait to hear what he sounds like when he crows in the morning...Chris oughtta love that! )

We are posting signs up where we found him, and tomorrow, Ill call around to some of the local ranches...try to find him a good home.

Does anyone want a really really sweet rooster?

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
    So we brought him home, and [COLOR="Red"]cooked him for diner. He was delicious![/COLOR]

Fixed that for ya!

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~ (Currently has 3 rescued pets)

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH! View Post
      Fixed that for ya!

Ride'on,

HA! Really. Hope no homeless dude tries to claim him, dinner for sure. Keep us posted on your interesting morning to come Tammy
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Why did the rooster cross the road? To get in Tam's Jeep!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Tamm, put plenty of paper under that cage
          oh, and good luck, I hope you find the owner
          but if you don't I have some good chicken recipes
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Hes outside...so no worries about him making a mess. I did warn the neighbor on the side of the yard that hes on...but I dont think its going to be a big deal, onaccounta they get up at the crackass of dawn anyway.

Tam
            Last edited by JeepGal; 03-06-07, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Cat works at LA animal control? or shelter, or something. Maybe she can help you get your rooster a place to roost.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

now i live in red neck alberta and ive never heard a rooster crow. well not at the crack of dawn anyways. and yes ive been up at the crack of dawn in a chicken coup!
                :devil: Giffer

Comment

Bsased on the title of this thread, I thought sure that it was going to be something like "I met this guy named Chris a long time ago..."

-Bob
                  '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

So did he cock-a-doodle-doo this morning!? I swear, these kinds of things ONLY happen to you!
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Nope, they happen to me, too. I now have a garage cat. No joke, about two weeks ago this orange cat just walked up and moved into my garage. He is not spooked by air tools, likes the smell of gear oil, and rides in the car like a dog. When I go over to Chris's house, he jumps in the truck, and then hangs out there until we're ready to leave. Then he jumps back in the truck and rides home with me.

Strange cat.
                      '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

He indeed cock-a-doodle doos at 5am. I got up and put him in a box in the garage where it was dark, and he stopped.

I still need to find him a home.

Tam

Comment

This story is kind of like when you met Chris???? Maybe you could put them both outside and let them make messes together.
                          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH! View Post
                            Fixed that for ya!

Ride'on,

No picture to accompany that????? I'm so disappointed CRASH!!! I'm sure we all are...
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                              No picture to accompany that????? I'm so disappointed CRASH!!! I'm sure we all are...
                              I happened to see CRASH! cook a chicken one time...it was scary...

-Bob
                              '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X