Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know your neighbors

My wife found this site (crated by John Walsh), put your address in and find out what criminals live near you. http://www.familywatchdog.us/
    “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
    -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

9 offenders nearby according to this website, but theNational Alert Registry Registered Sex Offenders Database lists 75 people in my city. I seriously would destroy someone that went after my kids. They'd never find the body.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

we have 7 in are town of 2500 peaple

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
        9 offenders nearby according to this website, but theNational Alert Registry Registered Sex Offenders Database lists 75 people in my city. I seriously would destroy someone that went after my kids. They'd never find the body.
        Jeep + Desert mountains , I hear what you are saying. You would only have to worry about another Jeeper finding it. :haha:
        Dennis
        04 TJ
        4.0/Auto
        RE 4.5 Long Arm
        Rock-It Man Rockers
        33x12.50 BFG A/T
        desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

I wonder
          I mean it is a well made site
          with lots of info
          but does it truely protect us, or just start witch hunts
          I mean a guy 1 mile from me has 1 incident of indecent exposure, you could get that for taking a piss in the wrong place. I saw a guy get a ticket for that because a window was accidently open.
          I wonder if this is good or bad, kinda 1984ish to me
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Deamer View Post
            Jeep + Desert mountains , I hear what you are saying. You would only have to worry about another Jeeper finding it. :haha:
            I was thinking Marine + Sensitive Fuse Impact Area (no personnel allowed in that area, ever) + shovel. But yea, I'm not sure why we don't whack these sick-o's to begin with.
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
              I wonder
              I mean it is a well made site
              with lots of info
              but does it truely protect us, or just start witch hunts
              I mean a guy 1 mile from me has 1 incident of indecent exposure, you could get that for taking a piss in the wrong place. I saw a guy get a ticket for that because a window was accidently open.
              I wonder if this is good or bad, kinda 1984ish to me
              Well I'm not going to go to these guys houses and start posting signs in their front yard or harass them but if I see a car parked at the end of my street with a suspiscious looking dude in it and come to ID him on that site them I'm informed and know how to approach the cops or if I have to him. Just happens there's a half way house with in a mile of our home thats for sex offenders only. I have a 2 & 4 year old so you see my concern. The fact that Jessicas' law is'nt retroactive perturbs me too.
              Last edited by paulhead; 02-11-07, 10:19 AM.
              “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
              -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead View Post
                . . . if I see a car parked at the end of my street with a suspiscious looking dude in it and come to ID him on that site them I'm informed. . .
                Why not report ANY suspicious activity? If you are concerned about your children (which you should be), you should be on the look out for not only registered sex offenders, but anyone who may realistically do harm to them. This includes gangs, soon-to-be sex offenders, etc.

Personally, I think the site is intended to serve as a wake up call about how close, and how many registered sex offenders there are. IMO, it does that. As for starting witch hunts, before this site was created, you could still get the same info...it just took a trip down town to ask for it.
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Funny that the "Criminal History" page is blank - but convienently has a link to IntellUS - a paid site.
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY
                  You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Working...
                  X