Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenic/romantic Trail?

I know, im a romantic... or a sissy Which ever you may perfer

Anyone got a scenic trail that would be good for a picnic in the Lake Arrowhead/BB area? Perferably with not a lot of traffic. nothing hard, a dirt road would be fine.
    Thinking a waterfall would be cool, or a sweet view. Ive got one in Lake Arrowhead with a view of silverwood but we've been there A LOT of times. Thanks guys.
    -Allen
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Little Bear Peak is nice with a wonderful view, and there's never much traffic. Plus, if you submit a report and a couple of photos, your hours can count for the AAT. Butler Peak would be nice too, but I've never been there.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I think Butler Peak is closed for the winter. I don't know of any waterfalls in Lake Arrowhead. There is a waterfall near Angelus Oaks on 1N07 Middle Control Rd, but lots of traffic. 3N34D Devil's Hole is near Lake Arrowhead and is a great area and usually not too much traffic. You can walk upstream or downstream 1/4 mile and have the place all to yourself. Green Valley Lake has 2N19, a green circle easy road, probably the most beautiful road on the mountain these days, and not heavily traveled at all. Green Valley Lake also has 2N54, a blue square trail with some great views and very little traffic. Also in Green Valley Lake area is 2N13D Crafts Peak, black diamond, has great views and very little traffic.
      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

NICE! I knew youd chime in here Doug...
        You wouldnt happen to have any maps of how to get to Devils Hole and/or any of the Green Valley Lake trails would you? (execpt the Black Diamond) Id rather make it an easy scienic day. I have a good idea of where one of those trails are in Green Valley but not positive.

There is one waterfall i know in Lake Arrowhead but its like in this guys back yard (sort of) and its pretty freaky back in there. lol

If you could get me some directions that would be awsome! Thanks Guys.
        Oh and Sarah how do you get to LBP?! I do want to go there. Ill probably just head up there with my little bro or something. Do I have to do anything special. Figure id pick up some trash move blocking brantches etc... let me know!
        Last edited by swbooking; 02-08-07, 12:29 AM.
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Let me look around my hard drive. I know I have the Green Valley Lake maps someplace. I'll post them on the test section when I find them.

I like 2N84 LBP/MJR as well. It is out of Fawnskin rather than in the Lake Arrowhead area.
          Last edited by FishPOET; 02-08-07, 06:43 AM.
          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Willow creek has a creek crossing, runs from Pinacles staging area to Arrowhead
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

the hammers
              And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

are you near lake elsinor

Comment

Yeah we always go to willow creek though. (Its my favorite trail)

Hammers... HAHA Im not that hardcore. One Day.

I could go to Elsinore, but i live in Running Springs so its probably easier to just find a trail up there for a little day picnic.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Where Is Willow Creek And Where Are The Spots In Elsinore?

Comment

Originally posted by ECHO View Post
                      Where Is Willow Creek?
                      http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...?t=7732&page=2

See post #23

Comment

Thanks Fish. You Rock

Comment

Here is the Little Bear Peak map.
                          http://myjeeprocks.com/reports/categ...tle_bear_peak/
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks Sarah. Ill probably head up there with my little bro once my cage build is done.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
                              Thanks Sarah. Ill probably head up there with my little bro once my cage build is done.
                              Sounds romantic!
                              -Bob
                              '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X