Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Sucks

Well it’s official…I have been screwed! I received a call from Mercury insurance stating my claim for coverage has been denied…80 days to come up with a piss off answer..
    So here is the story for those who care: After completing a full frame up restoration I called (AIS) my insurance broker on Oct.23 to add my 82 to my policy. I spoke with the agent and stated the following: This vehicle has been under construction for over a year and did not exist until recently. I need full coverage and special equipment coverage. They said sure no problem bring it in for photos to our location I said no problem but it will have to wait a bit as I need to go get the exhaust and temp tags. I also requested as to where to get pics taken. They said they would contact me…..fast forward to the 31st jeep stolen/recovered and crashed. I call and make a claim…that morning I receive a call Mr. Ward we need you to come in for pics at this location……..I am like WTF I just had my vehicle stolen last night….They then say hum we need to send this to our coverage investigation dept. They then ask for receipts, pictures, documenting the build. So today I finally get the call; Nope we are not going to cover this as the policy was never fully underwritten…..Now I understand that they needed pics, and I see how there getting out of this one. Basically they didn’t have the file underwritten so by CA law all that is required is to carry liability on the vehicle until it’s fully underwritten. Because this happened in between I get the shaft…..Sorry this post is so long I just really had to vent and update you all. Let this be a lesson just because your agent says you’re covered and even sends you a letter YOUR NOT! Until they fully underwrite your insurance…This doesn’t not apply to new cars or a new purchase….So now I have made a claim with the insurance Commissioner…next a lawyer maybe

Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

I had to threaten Mercury with a lawsuit as well. They tried to make me responsible for an accident that wasn't my fault. It was a hit and run, and I had witnesses that stayed and made an accident report with me.

I got the same run around. I will never insure with Mercury again.

I would definitely write a letter to them stating that you have witnesses to your buildup, and there is still a vehicle. Your camera dates each picture you took. That should be sufficient to show that you were building it.

Tell them you will take legal action against them in the event that it cant be solved in a satisfactory to you manner.

Good luck!

If you have other policies with them, DO NOT CANCEL them until you have this situation resolved. THEN cancel all of them. Consider Wawanesa, I love em

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Tam, I have heard good things about them...How are they about Modifyed Jeeps
      Head nut at Outdoorlogic
      Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyrig View Post
        Tam, I have heard good things about them...How are they about Modifyed Jeeps
        You never know until there is a claim, and Ive had none. And to be honest with you, I think they think my Jeep is still stock. I should probably do something about that huh?

Tam
        Last edited by Dukes69; 01-24-07, 09:21 PM.

Comment

YES, you dont want them not covering a claim...because of a loop hole because you condition of jeep wasnt properly disclosed
          Head nut at Outdoorlogic

Comment

I actually had a claim with them on my daily driver, and they handled it quickly and efficiently.

In fact, I had only had the car 10 days when the accident occured. I was hit by a dump truck on the freeway onramp. Driver of the dump truck said I crossed over the line, I said he did. Thankfully, a witness stopped and waited to talk to the police for me.

Wawanesa had no problems taking care of the claim for me. The owner of the dump truck (not the driver) wanted to pay out of his pocket for the claim. I wanted it to go through insurance. Wawanesa worked with them.

Tam

Comment

X2 on Wawanesa. I used them when I was in LA...good service when I had claims (1 uninsured moterist and one property theft/vandalism), and a great price (20% less than anyone else).

I had a room mate in LA who used Mercury...his experience was the same as Tams...they suck.
              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
              X