Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Resolutions!

Post em here and we'll all hold ya to em!!!

Mine: Well I wanna get the CJ up and trail running this year. In order to do that I'll need to save $$. If I spend more time in the Gym, I'll save money. So my resolution is to spend more time in the Gym to fix the CJ.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Get better grades, work on Jeep, Jeep more, and you have to add it, work out more. Oh and Jeep more. haha
    -Allen
    Last edited by swbooking; 01-04-07, 01:11 PM.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Jeep mods... hopefully armor, lift, tires, axle swap (including lockers).... I'm guessing I can get them all but axle swap with lockers done this year...
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
        Jeep mods... hopefully armor, lift, tires, axle swap (including lockers).... I'm guessing I can get them all but axle swap with lockers done this year...
        Seems very realistic! About June I'll resurrect this thread and see how we're doing.

Comment

to never make resolutions! (same one I've had for 10 years and so far so good!)

Comment

Mine was to spend take the bike on more dirt roads than I did last year. After this morning, mission accomplished.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

To save money so we can move and get my CJ5 up and running... A Jeep and save money in the same sentence lol... Wishful thinking

Comment

Originally posted by skeletor View Post
                to never make resolutions! (same one I've had for 10 years and so far so good!)

Spoken like a classic underachiever... (j/k). At least you have no regrets huh?

Comment

Originally posted by 2BlUeJEEP View Post
                  To save money so we can move and get my CJ5 up and running... A Jeep and save money in the same sentence lol... Wishful thinking
                  It's okay, I'm exactly the same, even the same rig I have to work on. I'd be interested to know what you're doing with your CJ5... keep us updated.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez View Post
                    It's okay, I'm exactly the same, even the same rig I have to work on. I'd be interested to know what you're doing with your CJ5... keep us updated.
                    I have a couple of pictures of what she looked like when we got her here.. http://www.geocities.com/l_kenady/Home.html It's pretty sad right now and as you can probably guess we're doin a complete frame up restoration.. We've had her a little over a month now and with the holidays and business expenses lately things have been pretty tight but hopefully by the end of this month I'll be able to really dig in and get started.. My dad bought this Jeep when I was 5 and its been in the barn for about 13 years now so shes a major project but I'd be happy to keep you posted and happy to here any suggestions you might have

Comment

Originally posted by 2BlUeJEEP View Post
                      I have a couple of pictures of what she looked like when we got her here.. http://www.geocities.com/l_kenady/Home.html It's pretty sad right now and as you can probably guess we're doin a complete frame up restoration.. We've had her a little over a month now and with the holidays and business expenses lately things have been pretty tight but hopefully by the end of this month I'll be able to really dig in and get started.. My dad bought this Jeep when I was 5 and its been in the barn for about 13 years now so shes a major project but I'd be happy to keep you posted and happy to here any suggestions you might have
                      I know that there are a TON of sites out there for Jeeps, but I find the guys over at EarlyCJ5.com very helpful. They have a ton of links and knowledge about these intermediate CJ5s. Parts, Mods... whatever. I'm Desert_Valdez on that forum as well. They're not 'purists' that believe in strict restoration to original. I'd sign up over there and launch any questions on both MJR and EarlyCJ5.

I'd kill to have someplace I could do sandblasting myself. Looks to be a long road ahead for you rig. It's nice that it has sentimental value.

Set a goal for yourself and we'll dig up this thread later and see how far you've gotten on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X