Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photography Software

I'm interested to know what ya'll are using to manage, manipulate and organize your trail photos.

Recently I downloaded Adobe Lightroom's free public beta to manage my photo shoots from the trail. I was very impressed with it until Apple announced a free trail on Aperture. I will install it and try it out this weekend.

For those of you that haven't heard of either of these, they let you organize, tweak, crop, assign keywords, etc (to) your photos. They keep everything neat and organized so all you have to do to look at a photo shoot is launch the application and click a folder name.

I'm bound to use one of these two applications and stick with it. A major requirement of mine is to be able to sync settings between my tower and laptop.

Here's a screenshot:

So with all the fancy cameras around this board, which software are you guys using?
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Depends on what kind of manipulation you're talking about.

I use Photoshop, ImageReady, The Gimp and Photomatix for the most part. Theres another one that I use to make pano's, but I just installed Vista and don't have it in yet, so I can't remember what it's called. Pano Pro maybe. I'll update the post when I find it.

I'm unorganized, so they either go to Flickr and/or they go to a DVD.

Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Gimp for stuff like (re)moving people:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Everything else is command line stuff using imagemagick (Linux stuff). Oh, and occasionally Kuickshow or Gwenview for viewing outside of konqueror.
      If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Excellent work with Gimp!
        Erik

I fix things.

Comment

[Gasp] There's something better than iPhoto?!?!

The one thing I miss from my PC was Adobe Photo Album or whatever they called it. iPhoto is a turd.

Comment

haha thats awesome! i use photoshop and image ready i aint that good though with manipulating photos

Comment

Working...
            X