Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv

do you have directv here in so. cal.?

if so.... you are likely entitled to a free upgraded receiver replacement, as well as the dish replacement. you can get a 5 LNB dish installed fr free onto your house which will get yu local channels in HD.

you can also upgrade your current receiver for an HD unit free of charge.
    from what i hear from the folks at directv, there is an HD/DVR box also available for free, but there is a waiting list for this one. the DVR is essentially tivo.

i just came across this info, and liked what i heard. thought i'd share it with those of you that can use it.
    i really dont know what criteria is required to get the free stuff, but it was available to me, so i have to assume it is for everyone, at least in so cal.

good luck!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
    do you have directv here in so. cal.?

if so.... you are likely entitled to a free upgraded receiver replacement, as well as the dish replacement. you can get a 5 LNB dish installed fr free onto your house which will get yu local channels in HD.

you can also upgrade your current receiver for an HD unit free of charge.
    from what i hear from the folks at directv, there is an HD/DVR box also available for free, but there is a waiting list for this one. the DVR is essentially tivo.

i just came across this info, and liked what i heard. thought i'd share it with those of you that can use it.
    i really dont know what criteria is required to get the free stuff, but it was available to me, so i have to assume it is for everyone, at least in so cal.

good luck!
    I didn't know people could upgrade to the HR20 for free! ...And I'm on the HR20 development team!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Verizon Fios owns you! Well atleast the internet does. We havent had the TV long enough for me to evaluate.

Erik = Queen of free sh!t
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
        I didn't know people could upgrade to the HR20 for free! ...And I'm on the HR20 development team!
        what is the hr20? is it te hd receiver with dvr?
        ERIK

Comment

yeah the HR20 is the HD DVR reciever. and looks like im going to have to call DirecTV up! Thanks Erik you rock!
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

^^^ What he said... it's the new DirecTV receiver that does A3 streams (MPEG4 HD). It has OTA (Over the air ATSC) feeds disabled for now though... VIIV functionality is going in soon though

Comment

Is this just a socal thing? I talked to retention at DirecTV last week and they are going to charge me $299 for the receiver upgrade.

What makes this offer free?
              Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by TrAvELAr View Post
                Is this just a socal thing? I talked to retention at DirecTV last week and they are going to charge me $299 for the receiver upgrade.

What makes this offer free?
                That's what I was wondering... I have done a little bit of reading on some forums (to see what the buzz is about our box) and almost nobody is getting them for free...:confused:

Comment

i really dont know the details. the woman said that there is a promotion in which every 6 months you can get an upgraded box, and dish if needed.
                  she said i was eligable for the hd box, or the hd dvr box (which is on back-order).
                  she also checked under my name and noticed tht i have the 3 lnb dish, so she is upgrading me to the 5 lnb dish which provides the locals in hd.

i have been a directv customer for about 8 years... maybe this has something to do with it. i am also using my original box in the bed room with the revised p4 card in it. i had no idea there were upgrades available, or i'd have been all over it.

i now plan to take full advantage of the upgrades available every 6 mos.

i hope this helps answer some of your questions.
                  ERIK

Comment

Take advantage of it Erik. I've been with DirecTV just about as long as you, so I don't know what the deal is. I'm upgrading to the HD DVR w/ the 5 LNB box, but I'll end up paying for it. If you get any more info on this promo, let us know so that we can selectively quote it when we call back and talk to retention.

I could see this to be true if you are leasing equipment. All of their new equipment is leased, to make upgrades less cumbersome for the average household.
                    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Working...
                    X