Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camp Cooking

Lets see what everyone has in the pantry.

Camp Recipes, what do you make?

Bacon wraped fillet mingon is one of my faves.
    Take fillet and wrap with bacon
    place in ziplock with fave maranade.
    grill to your likeing
    We serve with potatos cleaned and microwave for 10 min. wrap in tin foil then store in ziplock bag in ice chest tell dinner.

What are you eating besides hotdogs and hamburgers?

Wrap bratwursts in parchment/butcher paper, and then in foil. Toss into the campfire coals, turning them every 5 minutes or so until the package stays warm in your hands (foil cools quickly) Good stuff.

Carne Asda from a carneceria is a good bet.

Sometimes an open can of chilli setting on top of the coals does the trick, too. Just be sure to stir it first or it will do an imatation of a volcano.

Comment

I like that bratworst I will give it a try.

I like to make shrimp in beer and butter with some garlic and italian seasonings.

Comment

This should help, middle of the page (recipe finder)
        http://www.marthastewart.com/
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

On our backcountry trips, like the Rubicon, we were tired of carrying coolers of meat only to find out that the bags leaked, the meat was still too frozen to eat, and it took up too much space. It sure was handy and great-tasting at the time: 1 can of chicken, 1 bag/box of fetuccine alfredo (just add water/milk kind), 1 small bag of broccoli, 1 pot and one backpacking stove.

It didn't take long to cook so it gave us more time to swim and play. We carried one drink cooler and didn't have to worry about losing ice along the way. This worked great for us, but we are still entertaining other food ideas.
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I have a vacum sealer so I just use that.

When 04crawler and I go fishing we
            eat like kings and never go hungry.
            He could cook for an army and still have leftovers.

I want to know what everyone is having I have seen some people go out and have gourmet meals.
            I though we were the only ones.

Comment

Working...
            X