Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame Away

I have it coming; I have been away far too long. I don't have a valid excuse, other than I have been extremely busy at work and rennovating the home. So, the news?

I don't have the Rubicon anymore. I was always too afraid to use the Rubicon because it was new, and, well, not paid for and my only source of transportation. I have plans, in the future, to purchase a used Jeep and build it, and with the employee sales, used TJs are quite reasonable.

So, I traded it in and bought myself a Chrysler 300C SRT8. Now, I know what you all are thinking... why a 4dr car? well, the ride is great, 425 hp (dyno'd 372 hp at the wheels) is a blast, and the general enjoyment of daily life is much better.

Does this exclude me from the Jeeping lifestyle? Well, hardcore people may say that it should be all Jeep all the time. I simply got tired of the lack of creature comforts for everyday use. Besides, I get about the same gas mileage and enjoy each mile more. I feel a Jeep is better suited to be an offroad bruiser, something that doesn't need to be lived everyday. Please don't get me wrong, I love wheelin, but my job has introduced situations where four doors and passengers (namely coworkers and clients) need to be considered and the car made sense. When I do need to go into the field for work, I do have access to two Jeeps if needed (parents).

So, I hope that you all understand and don't flame too bad... I do deserve some since I haven't been on the site in forever, but I hope I can meet up with you all and ride along.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

Michael
    1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
    3" Rough Country Lift

ok, bye.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Jeepin is not for everybody. And no creature comforts? Dude...you had a rubicon! My pop's Wrangler APEX puts my mom's stratus to shame! CD/AM/FM Stereo, heating and air, Hard top...so it's quiet, full doors, leather seats (Yes...real leather came in the APEX), Interior carpeting, Overhead soundbar w/ dash speakers, automatic, Other than power windows, and power locks what more could you ask for?

But eh, it's sad to see you go dude. Well, maybe in the near future if ya buy another TJ...hope you come back to us...cause Jeepin Aint Easy....but it's a hell of a blast doing it!
      WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
      [_____]
      (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
      []--o---[]

Comment

Can I drive your 300?
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

sad news, I will pray for you. lol
          Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

we took a ride in one of those at the Camp Jeep here in the midwest. That thing performs like a race car. Very very cool. Enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
            X