Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

This is a situation i have need to post about for a while. This a copy of it from a differet website that i am on called TCCOA.com seeing as i do own a 74 T-bird also.
    Thanks for your time guys.

I really don’t know how to go about talking about this so I’m going to just start typing and see what happens. Ever since high school or even before that, I have been very depressed in a way, thanks to constant bullying while in school at Southmoore then when I went to Rayburn for 2 ½ years it kind of continued, but I’m not really sure what triggered it, but I was severly depressed there and ran away from home one night stole my moms car and ended up coming home really late. For 2 months after that we (mom, little sister, and I) were seeing a family therapist, didn’t go so well I got severly suicidal and very violent almost attacking my mom with a Luisville, but I always stopped myself before I could pick up the bat. So after that episode mom called the therapist and said we need to have a emergency meeting, I said no I’m not going I don’t like going there and proceded to baracade myself into my room and unplug my phone so no one would call me cause I didn’t feel like talking. I ended up falling asleep and waking to a banging on my bedroom door, it was my dad they were worried that I’d killed myself, so I opened the door, dad and I talked for couple hours I showed him the holes in the wall that I had punched and the window I had punched out. It was then decided that it might help if I changed schools and living conditions. So I moved in with my dad and step mom in Spring, oh boy did it work out well. I wasn’t depressed anymore, I graduated with a 4.0 GPA , made the who’s who of American high school students, was 2nd LT. In my JROTC class. It was wonderful. I got a job at the local Randall’s, then Game Crazy, I was going to college for 3D Animation and made the Deans list every year, but within all this happiness there stood something that wasn’t right I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. After I finished with my Cert. in college I bought my Camaro from my best friend Joey in Orange, TX on Feb. 1, 2003, yes the day Columbia burned up in the atmosphere. That’s when I got into cars. Been working on her for 4 years soon and it seem everything seems to go wrong for me. So one day I go to a club after that, and I start getting kinda depressed cause no one will dance with me I walk out the club feeling down in the dump get the Jeep and take off with thoughts of hurting myself, then I grab my fish gutting knife out of my pocked and leave what would be the first of many scars to my left forearm. Up until now I have had many of these episodes of being slef hurting, and depression. You guys may have noticed it the day I showed up late for Don Pico’s last time. I showed up late cause I started to have those thought again due to a recent event the night before @ karaoke with some old friends, where I had fallen for girl and we had been talking all night we’d kissed and we really connected and she said you’re a really nice guy Nick I think I love you. Anyways I had to leave early that night cause that weekend I had need to help my dad with the gun shop the next morning. I get a call from my buddy that was there that night that he had hooked up with that girl that night. And the rest of the day as some of ya’ll had noticed I was really depressed and down, thought the whole world was against me. That’s why I showed up late to the dinner, but I decided to show up so wouldn’t continue to hurt myself. If some of you had noticed my right hand along the knuckles were severely bruised and scratched up. I had been punch the brick wall at home and the dashboard in the Corolla as well as the windshield as you notice its cracked. When I do that punch that stuff I feel better in a way. But I would in no way want to hurt anyone and never would cause I know better. So today at work I decided to look around on the net to see what I could possibly have wrong with me then I remember something I’d heard of called Bipolar disorder. I decided to look it up online at Wikipedia to see what I could learn about it. I’m basically a text book case of bipolar. I’d like to apologize to those whom I have snapped at in the past and say its not my fault I may have a condition. I would like to see if I can go to the doc. To see if I am actually bipolar and would like to here your opinions on which kind of doc. I should go to first my phys. Doc. That’s my first place I would like to go to but I would really like to steer clear of psychatrist.
    Thanks for you time
    Nick

wow, it is hard to read that with no line spaces, but i made my way through it.
    Nick, it sounds like you do need to make an appointment witht e psychiatrist. i dont know why you dont want to see one, but they are the ones capable of getting you in the right direction.

in the event thet you are bi-polar, they can prescribe you the necessary meds to level you out. the trick to all of this head shrinking voo-doo is HONESTY. you must be honest with those whom are going to help you.
    certainly, this is serious business, and not to be taken lightly. please make yourself an apt. with your doctor. your doctor will refer you to a good psychiatrist.

be honest with these people about what is going on with you and they can help you get back on track.
    in the mean time, there are hotlines available to you which you should not hesitate to use.

http://suicidehotlines.com/

mst often, people with bi-polar disorder which are not being treated by a professional (psychiatrist) find themselves self medicatng. drinking, popping pills, meth, etc... none of these are good for you, and wont help your situation. it just creates another hurdle to overcome.

have you found yourself "self medicating"?
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Well heres the thing, I find that I'm just a very very mild Bipolar i think cause it only happens when certain things are brought up, or remind me of certain events in my life. So i'm usually, a very happy out going guy. But I get tired of pissing off my friends when i snap at them. I do drink thought but maybe a couple drinks on the weekend and thats it. and it's usually socially playing pool with friends. The really scary thing is when i do talk about my probs. with ppl it usually adds fuel to the fire.
      Thanks Nailer
      oh and i'm not suicidal anymore that stopped back in 10th grade
      Laters NIck

Comment

Nick, I dont know you and I live somewhere else. But still I care, as many others do too. Please, please, please solicit help as Erik suggests. You have a lot to offer the world whether you realize it or not. And whether you believe it or not, God has placed you here. God has his reasons and purposes that we are not knowing until we meet Him face to face. Take action. Noone can live your life for you. Your steps are your own. Seek and find medical help, then pray to God for answers. If I haven't learned nothing else, in my 48 years, it is that God answers prayers. I have not liked all the answers, but He still answered.

Bob
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Working...
        X