Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help with my senior project for school

i restored a cj-7 to a full on off roading beast and i dont know what to right my paper on. i was think the history of off roading but theres nothing on it or maybe the history of a trail but i have to find at least 3-4 sources, or maybe i can do the paper on restoring a jeep. so i need some help on what to do give me some ideas it would help alot

Try google. history of offroading has thousands of hits. Also try rubicon trail history.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Near Calico is Odessa and Doran Scenic Loop. It probably has alot of history, as it was once a paved one-way scenic drive. Now, the entrance to Doran can only be passed with a well built Jeep and a very experienced driver.

Rubicon would make a very good report as well

Tam
      Last edited by JeepGal; 11-27-06, 01:56 PM.
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

so u think it would just be easier to make a report on a trail history has to be 5-6 pages long so is there that much information lol?

Comment

suggestions:

write a paper on how the history and development of the off-road vehicle has contributed to american history and land exploration. got to be books and books that you can write, and plenty of subjects/comparisons to explore.

or pick one particular vehicle and write about its history and contributions to the world (Jeep Willys to wrangler, land rover defender, and toyota land cruiser come to mind as good examples). many of these vehicles were developed for particular service goals in mind and have been adapted to other applications throughout their development.

good luck,
          Last edited by maddmike; 11-27-06, 03:04 PM.
          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

FYI, there's a Modern Marvels on 4x4 that spends a little bit of time talking about how the Jeep was made for military, then adapted for farm equipment, same w/ land rover for farm equipment, etc.
            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

yup heres some pics of my senior project u tell me lol idk i would think it would be easy to do history of a jeep since thats what i did or maybe history of a trail or both idk here ya go also with this stuff u think i could get it to be about 5-6 pages long lol

[sized]http://i10.tinypic.com/2zebh4k.jpg[/sized]

[sized]http://i10.tinypic.com/2qte8nc.jpg[/sized]

[sized]http://i11.tinypic.com/4hsu88h.jpg[/sized]
              Last edited by JeepGal; 11-27-06, 09:05 PM. Reason: fixed pictures

Comment

I LOVE the choice of tires. And you could do the history of YOUR particular Jeep. THe CJ-7, and then do a short page of the history of your build. Or do a page on Jeep...just dont' forget Kaiser...they helped too.
                WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

lol the tires are 38's and 22 inches wide my step dad got them at the swap meet for $500 witch is really good considering there over 300 each new

Comment

Yeah my pop runs the same tire...slightly smaller though, only 29" on his TJ APEX, and loves them. Not a whole lot of noise on the road, wont wear to fast to ride them around town, and still perform well offroad.
                    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                    [_____]
                    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                    []--o---[]

Comment

Depending on how much time you have left, i would do 2-3 pages on the history of your particular jeep, and then finish your paper with why and how you restored the jeep. It looks like you did a FINE A$$ job!! and im sure you'll have no problem writing about it..

If you do write about how and why, just remember one thing (and that came from one of my college Grad instructors)... think of your reader as being "dumb" and don't expect them to know what an axle ring and pinion is. So if you're gonna go technical on them, make sure that you explain at least once or twice the use and purpose of each part your writing about....

Feel free to PM me if you need more ideas and or suggestions of writing the paper

Good Luck to you...

Comment

lol that wont be hard since my teacher doesent know i have till the dec 8th to write this i know its not long but i have waited till like the last 5 days to write a essay and have gotten B's on them but these are deffinatlly helping me thanks. that jeep took us about a year to build we started it when i was a junior and still a work in progress, were putting a 6 point cage and racing seats soon.

Comment

love the jeep, why not right it about the battle to keep public land open to us the public or how the gov. spends millons on worthless pavemnt! just my 2 cents.

Comment

thanks and i would think that would be harder to write about and find information on cuz i cant just use the internet as a source

Comment

wow! nice jeep you built there, cool!
                              Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Working...
                              X