Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford purchasing Brazilian Auto Maker Troller

I thought this was interesting:

Reuters report Ford Motor Co (USA) is considering the purchase of Brazilian automaker, Troll Veiculos Especias.

You’re forgiven if you haven’t heard of the South American manufacturer. It employs 500 people and produces just 1200 vehicles per year.

We’re at a loss to understand why Ford would be interested in such a small operation. Maybe it has something to do with the Brazillian company's Troller T4 - a vehicle that has an appearance remarkably similar to an American 4WD icon.

At least the grille is unique.

Troller was founded in 1997 and with its 500 employees turns out about 100 vehicles a month. The company makes two models, the very Jeep Wrangler-like T4 (shown above) and the Pantanal pickup. Both are powered by a 160 HP, four-cylinder, 3-liter, common rail, International turbo-diesel. No word yet on when the deal might conclude or how much it would be worth.

Chris especially liked the spoiler:

Last edited by JeepGal; 11-21-06, 12:43 AM.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Hmmm... Those look a little familiar... but if Fords gonna make it then its :poop: :poop: :poop:
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
      Hmmm... Those look a little familiar... but if Fords gonna make it then its :poop: :poop: :poop:

agreed!!! maybe they want something to compete with the wrangler
      Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Hey it might not be too bad. Ford Axles are tough, ford manual trannys are tough (Their sedan automatics suck but t he truck duty trannies are nice.), Ford motors are quite sound. There is nothing wrong with a Ford. Personally I think that if they changed the body styling aorund to not resemble a Jeep so freakin much, it would be pretty cool. LOL it's like a Jeep with a Samurai's Front end!

personally I think those T4's look pretty sweet!
        WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
        [_____]
        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
        []--o---[]

Comment

Yeah i guess i have nothing against the 9-inch but everything else... :poop: haha Im just not a ford person, every Ford ive ever driven had problems with it.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking View Post
            Yeah i guess i have nothing against the 9-inch but everything else... :poop: haha Im just not a ford person, every Ford ive ever driven had problems with it.

once agian agreed. and most of those trannys arent made by ford..the 9 inch is nice...but the dana 60 fronts are nice too but not made by ford. and a lot of those diesel engines arent made by ford either but international...so basicallys fords are cool...except for the ford parts
            Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Lol. that little T4 would be sweet with 8.8's or 9's and a small V6...cause it looks smaller than the Jeep. Less weight, meaning it owuldn't need to pull a whole lot. AND if it were about the same size of the jeep....if the axles were the same length....NEW SWAPPING POSSIBILITIES!!!
              WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
              [_____]
              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
              []--o---[]

Comment

Working...
              X