Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be eating to much, and hopefully napping later this afternoon!
    That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Here are just a few thoughts to reflect upon before your big feast today.
      You see we should really look back at why we celebrate this day. Not about the feast, but why that feast is important to each and everyone of us. Not just as American citizens, not just as people of so many creeds, but as the mixture of races and lifestyles that both bind us and separate us as a nation.
      It seems a group of people, different in belief in a basic foundation from others, in a time when that was such a deplorable thought, decided to risk everything they had to find a place to practice these ideas. We may have to dig nowdays through history books to find the ideas they were being persecuted for, but it boiled down to something nowdays we wouldn't even understand. For these reasons they put together a quest, part question part dream of finding a new world. The area they landed on was a hostile enviroment for simple people from a developed nation, it was a wooded shore, had native populace that they had no way to communicate with, and they needed to depend on to help them survive until they could produce enough to carry them through a winter that would be more severe than the ones they knew in England. SUpplies were almost gone.
      We tend to entertain pictures of well built log cabins in neat rows when we see the paintings of the first Thanksgiving, but let us look at a few items.
      Let us look at what was featured at that feast. Turkey, a native bird, not pig, not cow, not even deer, but a bird they had to hunt, and why, they had eaten everything else to survive. Corn or maize, an indian staple of the area, that the indians had taught them to produce, and pumpkin, and other native gourds. You see they were at a breaking point, without this harvest they would have starved, all energy had gone into the production of food, Shelter was not stout buildings, more of hovels at this time, but with this harvest, of mainly native items they had produced enough, with the help of those who could care less what their beliefs were, to survive into another year that would offer a chance only to survive again. And they took the excess and had a feast to celebrate.
      We should look around at our family feast today, and be thankful, not for our families excess, but for the differences in everyone of us as a nation. And by eveyones labor, everyones differences. Because since the very first harvest, this is what has made us thankful, that different people of different races of different religions of different lifestyles make it happen.
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
        ...........with the help of those who could care less what their beliefs were, to survive into another year that would offer a chance only to survive again. And they took the excess and had a feast to celebrate.
        Then we killed the natives, took their land and built mini malls.:gun:

Originally posted by TrAvELAr View Post
        ..........and then I'd like to go see the new Bond flick.
        You won't be disappointed

Happy turkey day my fellow jeepers!
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

i am having dinner with the family, and long time family friends. there will be about 25 at the table.
          it is always a good time, and i'm looking forward to all of the good grub
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Hope everyone had a good Thanks Giving! I know i did. Played golf in the afternoon and got back and ate WAY too much.
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
            X