Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeep security

just wondering what people have as security devices in their vehicles. poll will leave your vote anonymous, but if you care to leave a comment about your particular system please do so.

PS forgot to include "alarm" which i'm sure is a common item. can't figure out how to add this to the poll....?
    no security devices
    36.00%
    fuel pump cutoff
    4.00%
    key lock/chip key
    4.00%
    battery cutoff
    0.00%
    the club
    4.00%
    lo-jack
    12.00%
    large, hungry, barking dog
    8.00%
    combination of the above
    8.00%
    Alarm
    8.00%
    Alarm with ignition defeat
    16.00%
    Last edited by maddmike; 10-27-06, 01:00 PM.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

I have a Viper Alarm with a pager and auto door locks on the front on my Jeep, seems to work pretty good, i live in Riverside during school, and i have a lot of stuff in that thing so i got to protect it especially at night.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

No time to worry about it, I have Lo-Jack. Haven't had to use it for the Jeep but I had 2 Astro vans stolen w/Lo-Jack and got them back within hours of reporting them and very little damage. Yes it work for me.

B&T TJ

Comment

fixed it for you
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Rabid pit-bull with AIDS...among other devices (factory and aftermarket).
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Mine also has LoJack. :thumbs_up
            -Bob
            '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

I wished I had something on mine since my radio was stolen two weeks ago and the Jeep was in my driveway.
              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Barker takes care of the security
                he figures it is the only vehicle he can ride shotgun in, noone is getting his seat.

Actually, I figure whats the use. It is a convertible. You cannot secure it, don't leave anything in it, and about stealing it, my jeep has the road manners of a warped bycycle tyre, no sway bars and is usually filthy to boot, why bother? IF they would back it up, (it has detroits front and rear) they would figure something was way wrong and leave it. Ever back up a 4.88 geared jeep with a detroit?
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

The best thing you can do is make sure the car you park next to looks more appealing to a thief than your jeep does. If they REALLY want it, they WILL get it...when is the last time you gave a second look to a tow truck picking up a random car in a parking lot? Was it being picked up for a trip to the repair shop, or the chop shop?
                  olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                    If they REALLY want it, they WILL get it...when is the last time you gave a second look to a tow truck picking up a random car in a parking lot? Was it being picked up for a trip to the repair shop, or the chop shop?
                    This is why Lo-Jack works so well, most of the time they are left to cool off for a couple of days since they might have a tracking device. This was the case the first time, the second time they caught the guys and one went to jail. They were not pros, just knuckle heads with a tow truck.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                      I wished I had something on mine since my radio was stolen two weeks ago and the Jeep was in my driveway.
                      Removable face plate? Thats why I have a POS radio in mine
                      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

best thing you can do is to not keep a routine and dont take it to
                        1. a movie theatre
                        2. the supermarket
                        3. something like the fair, baseball game, stuff like that
                        4. keep it garaged as much as possible.

if its a DD and its your work rig, then put the e brake on, put the trans case in neutral, lock your steering wheel and pull your ign coil wire... thats the free route.
                        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by paulhead
                          Removable face plate? Thats why I have a POS radio in mine
                          Nope, didn't have the removable face plate at the time I couldn't afford it. But now I'm getting one of those. They also tried to steal the Hi lift from Tom's jeep off the rack but couldn't. I thought about putting a fake snake in the Jeep, but then it would scare me

Originally posted by Goodtimes
                          Was it being picked up for a trip to the repair shop, or the chop shop?
                          Or maybe being repossessed.
                          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                          X