Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...it's gonna be sold.

Well...my school's homecoming was last night. Usually a happy time. Really great night, up until the very end.

Was pulling out of the school parking lot. Looked left...looked right...looked both ways again. Saw a car...had plenty of time to go...pulled out and BAM! Never saw it coming. Car in my blind spot hits me in the passenger door. Heh...big dent in my car...the light SUV had a crack in the front bumper. SOO to help pay for the damages...my parents are selling my Jeep, cause I was in my mom's Stratus. Oh well...it was fun for all of the 13 weeks I had it...

Gotta get a job, and pretty much work for free, cause every penny of every paycheck is gonna go towards the cars. It's my fault, so both of the cars are on me...and I'm not covered under my parent's insurance. So the jeep will be sold to start paying for it. Cause the other car's gonna need a new bumper, the door on my mom's car will have to be straightened and re-painted...probably be about 3K worth of repairs...so my jeep might cover half of them.

...all I can say is, I'm and idiot. Accidents happen...but eh...they all come at a cost. Looks like I'll be under the radar for a while. Cause, as of now...i techinically don't own a Jeep. Sorry guys and gals.
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Why aren't you covered under your parents insurance? Do they have an exclusian that says you aren't covered??? If they have full coverage then you should be covered.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Parents sometimes move in mysterious ways...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

you live in the house right bro? you shoulda been covored...in my opinion yes the accident your fault, but you not being on the insurance not your fault! Parents being the adults shouda had you on there esp. if they were going to let you drive there cars.

sorry for the lose man

chin up...save for your OWN!
        Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Well....... come on back when you get going again..... Somehow you'll overcome this, get another jeep, and be back at it. Have patience....take a breath.....and keep going. You have time on your side.
          Trust me, we all have our set backs. I'm facing mine presently as well. And its not any easier when your older. ..... yup, 'chin up' is the word.
          Last edited by Mtbikbob; 10-23-06, 06:23 AM.
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Thanks guys...
            WTF Mate?

______
            [_____]
            (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
            []--o---[]

Comment

A little perspective please

Originally posted by YJwonderboy
              ...all I can say is, I'm and idiot. Accidents happen...but eh...they all come at a cost. Looks like I'll be under the radar for a while. Cause, as of now...i techinically don't own a Jeep. Sorry guys and gals.
              1. Breathing air through mouth and nose...check
              2. Able to speak without mechanical assistance...check
              3. Eyes still pick up photons well enough to read screen...check
              4. Fingers can operate keyboard and remote control...check
              5. Food still goes in and out the usual orifices...check
              6. Noodle registers value judgements and humor...check

Well, so far looks like you are doing pretty well on the JMB-MVASS (JMBrowning Motor Vehicle Accident Severity Score). Glad to hear you walked away from a t-bone, some don't.

I figure when my boy gets old enough to drive, he is old enough to pay for insurance and gas himself, so I gotta hand it to you, lad, you're doing the right thing by making this right by the sweat of your brow. Good thing you weren't in CA. Driving sans insurance is a BIG deal here (unless you're illegal anyway).

Don't be too much of a stranger though, Jeep or no Jeep. You'll learn lots by hanging and reading and even commenting. We've even been known to let Range Rover people hang out and chew the fat with us .
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Well, good news. We MAY not sell the Jeep. it's currently parked in my back yard, where if we don't sell it, the YJ will sit until I pay off the damage.
                WTF Mate?

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

I applaud your willingness to accept responsibility. It happens. I wrecked every car my parents owned until they banished me to the bicycle. And then I wrecked a couple of those, too.

However it turns out, we are all glad no one was hurt and we await seeing how your jeep fares.

Comment

Working...
                  X