• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Jeep Alert

---Stolen Jeep Alert---
    Be on the lookout for my buddy Adam's stolen yellow Rubicon
    Description:
    * Yellow Jeep Rubicon with black soft top (see attached picture)

Stolen at La Jolla Shores around 9:30AM on Friday October 20th.

Distinctive features:
    * Rear tire carrier with gas tank holder and tan gas tank
    * kargomaster roof rack
    * full traction long arm lift
    * BFG Mud Terrains 33 X 10 (these are unusually narrow for their height)
    * brake light mounted in center of spare tire
    * License plate #5EWZ035 (CA)
    * Muffler is loud

This jeep was stolen just after a major (and expensive) buildup. The thief stole not only his vehicle, but his future joy in the months and years to come.This is truely a pity. So If you have any information or have seen a jeep matching this description please contact Adam Burch at (858) 922-7181

Pass this along to anyone who might have the opportunity to see this jeep on the trail or in garages, 4x4 shops, chop shops, etc. This misdeed must not go unpunished. In the immortal words of Ash, "You're going down!"

Thanks,
    Steve Unwin

2000 TJ Sport, 3 spd auto
    4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Not trying to sound cold but, fat chance of finding it. That is what insurance is for. Hopefully he has gap insurance.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

This is everyone of our worst fears! I will keep my eyes open for it. Hope they find it before it's parted out. I hate thieves...
      "run forest, run!"

Comment

Curious as to how they stole it. The ignition key is chipped so no driving it away without the right key (placed in ashtray or on visor?).

Did they just put the t-case in neutral and flatbed it? Flat tow?

I'm usually more worried when the thing is trailered up and chained down as all that needs to be done is just hook up the safety chains...aloha...

I suspect that the vehicle isn't going to be parted but will just head down to Mexico or overseas.

Good luck to Adam!
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

I'm making a surf run down to Cabo San Quinin a week from Friday so I'll keep an eye out for it. Not that he would get it back if I did see it. I'm really sorry to hear about the theft. Adam's last name isn't Danielson is it?
          2" body lift, 2" susp lift, Fabtec bumpers, wilderness rack, BFG 33's

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Q.
            I'm making a surf run down to Cabo San Quinin a week from Friday so I'll keep an eye out for it. Not that he would get it back if I did see it. I'm really sorry to hear about the theft. Adam's last name isn't Danielson is it?

Nah, its Burch.
            Still no jeep.
            S
            2000 TJ Sport, 3 spd auto
            4.5" RE LA, 35" MTR

Comment

Working...
            X