Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miramar Air Show

My first time going, and first time seeing the Blue Angels. What a show! I wasn't thinking and ended up getting gouged for earplugs at the show instead of bringing my own. Actually, the loudest demo was probably the Shockley triple-jet-powered semi truck. The Harrier jet, hovering, was pretty noisy too

<jealous mode on>
    Nice pictures. The last show I saw was when El Toro was open. I keep kicking myself for not going anymore.
    <jealous mode off>

Comment

Hey I went to the Last El Toro Air Show there was! The Blue Angles are freakin sweet! Isnt there one at March ARB soon?
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I use to be stationed in Pensacola FL where the blue angles would practice...every day they would practice right above my barracks then they would dive and fly abou 20 ft above...it was freaking awesome!! Those guys are some serious talent
        Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

the best part of the mirmar air show for me is that I get that friday off work because the traffic is rediculous.
          The best air show in the world in on an aircraft carrier. they break the speed of sound right overhead and bomb tagets near the ship.
          It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive
            the best part of the mirmar air show for me is that I get that friday off work because the traffic is rediculous.
            The best air show in the world in on an aircraft carrier. they break the speed of sound right overhead and bomb tagets near the ship.
            Sweet!! A personal show on an aircraft carrier...thats got to be the best!

Nice pics cbremer!!!!

Lucky for me, we are building high rises right next to Maramar and watch from the roof top. I would love hear those guys break the sound barrier..
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

thanks for the compliments guys... i took about 90 pics all told, but my little ol' point-n-shoot isn't the best for taking long distance pics (especially of objects traveling 600 MPH!). the announcer did mention that the pilots were instructed not to go supersonic, since the sonic boom would have likely broken some windows in the barracks & parking lot. they got close though- several times you could see the cloudy vapor that forms around the wings right before they go supersonic.

the marines did a demo with some "explosions" (flash pots) added for a bit of realism... still an amazing demo. that's when I took the pic of the Osprey. they also rolled an Abrams tank and some light armored vehicles down the runway.

i'm glad i (finally) went to this show... now i'm hooked and will probably start hitting all the airshows in the area (hemet-ryan, March arb, wings over gillespie, etc.) those aerobatic prop-powered mono- and biplanes were pretty unreal in their own right (especially the oracle challenger)- not as fast as the F18s obviously, but those pilots have to have a few screws loose!

Comment

Working...
              X