Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• house design ideas?

well, i'm ready to do this addition to my house. i am looking for some design ideas. this is what i have so far.
    i have the existing walls shown with the hatch, and the new walls dimentioned without hatch.

i think i like most of the layout, but there is something funky about the space around the living/family rooms. any thoughts on this area?

just looking for some friendly input. if you have autocad, and want to monkey with the drawing, you can download it HERE
    i also have it in PDF HERE

any thoughts or input on this are appreciated.
    i have no plans to move or alter any of the interior hatched walls. i plan to live here while all of this is taking place, so the design has to consider all exterior construction taking place with the exterior walls in tact. once the new area is built, roofing is on, and it is secured, i'll cut into the walls of the existing house.

if you are an architect, or something similar, please say so with your response.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

WHAT!? The cars aren't IN the garage!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
      WHAT!? The cars aren't IN the garage!
      you aint kiddin'. that garage is so stuffed with junk, you couldnt fit a car in there if you put it in piece by piece.
      ERIK

Comment

I say build the W.I.C. where the closet is now, then make the shit house bigger. Then maybe you can put in a bath tub for soaking your big FAT ASS!

I'll think of other stuff, just give it time.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
          I say build the W.I.C. where the closet is now, then make the shit house bigger. Then maybe you can put in a bath tub for soaking your big FAT ASS!

I'll think of other stuff, just give it time.
          i hear what you are saying, but i dont think you are realizing that the whole master bedroom, as well as the walk in closet, and master bathroom are alll new. the porch is also being enclosed.

all non hatched walls are new.
          ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
            i hear what you are saying, but i dont think you are realizing that the whole master bedroom, as well as the walk in closet, and master bathroom are alll new. the porch is also being enclosed.

all non hatched walls are new.
            Gotcha. so whats that sliding door looking thing to the left of the door as you enter?
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
              Gotcha. so whats that sliding door looking thing to the left of the door as you enter?
              that will be the closet i get to use. becky will get the walk in closet.
              ERIK

Comment

you dont need that. some cardboard boxes will suit you just fine!
                Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

my ole lady is an interior designer if you need any help on that erik...i have some time in autoCAD but dont have the program and havent used it in a few years...i will look at it agian when I get home and see if I have some ideas for ya bro
                  Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Pocket doors in the master bed (don't get cheap ones) and maybe lose that half wall (existing) next to the table, seem to chop up the line. And as Dukes suggested making the dump station larger, perhaps a 45deg. angled wall instead of a sharp 90 and for the otherside a corner fireplace which may make the hall worth having. The hallway is where I got stumped, I can see why you want it. One more thing, high ceiling for the new room, at least 9' & lots of windows, skylights, indoor BBQ, airhocky, pinball, the old kind, soda fountain (I'm on a roll here, better stop now).

Looks good. Let me know when you need some hammer time, I don't mind helping out a friend.

B&T TJ

Comment

Originally posted by KNCJeeper
                      my ole lady is an interior designer if you need any help on that erik...i have some time in autoCAD but dont have the program and havent used it in a few years...i will look at it agian when I get home and see if I have some ideas for ya bro
                      i certainly appreciate the offer. i'll be looking forward to hearing from you/her.

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                      Pocket doors in the master bed (don't get cheap ones) and maybe lose that half wall (existing) next to the table, seem to chop up the line. And as Dukes suggested making the dump station larger, perhaps a 45deg. angled wall instead of a sharp 90 and for the otherside a corner fireplace which may make the hall worth having. The hallway is where I got stumped, I can see why you want it. One more thing, high ceiling for the new room, at least 9' & lots of windows, skylights, indoor BBQ, airhocky, pinball, the old kind, soda fountain (I'm on a roll here, better stop now).

Looks good. Let me know when you need some hammer time, I don't mind helping out a friend.

B&T TJ

i appreciate your insight, tom, but what the hell is an indoor barbque, and why would i want one of those?
                      i like the idea of removing the wall by the table, and will likely move the new wall over a couple of inches to line up, as well as switching the new bath and closet for one another.

keep em coming, folks!
                      ERIK

Comment

here are the latest revisions.
                        any other thoughts?

Last edited by Dukes69; 09-26-06, 12:02 PM.
                        ERIK

Comment

make the new master bedroom larger, collapse all closets into one area and switch the tub to the narrow side of the bathroom. put the computer room next to the front door since this is a horrible place for a bedroom.

add a patio which connects the master bedroom to the new living room addition and move the master bedroom's bathroom and closet to another side of the room.

i'll take a look in more detail tonight and send you comments. i'm not a licensed architect but have a 5-yr. degree in architecture and have been working professionally for 3.5 years. glad to help you out before you start digging and pouring concrete.
                          03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                            here are the latest revisions.
                            any other thoughts?

I really appriciate how you went into detail with all the furnature and stuff. It makes it easier for me to visualize what you are trying to do. I do, however, think that it was a little much to draw in your dildo collection. Do you just have too many and they dont all fit under the bed?
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I was wondering what those were. Dukes has a good EYE for detail.

LMAO, Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X