Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment life SUCKS!

I havent lived in an apartment since i was a kid. We rented a house or two for the past 10 yrs or so and for that time ive owned my 97 tj. ive done everything myself from clutch jobs to LA upgrades to whatever...

Now my gf and i have moved into a "luxury" apartment. dont get me wrong, its very VERY nice. when your in the apt it seems like a nice sized house. the problem is, this place is SO damn quiet!.. a normal person would enjoy that. rules here say that you cant even change your freaking oil. no maintenance at all!.. well screw that!...

walk out my door, turn right, walk about 75ft and i have a detached garage. when i moved in i was paranoid that my jeep wouldnt even fit in the frucker!... i saw an empy garage unit and it was a handicaped one.. its about 50 percent bigger than normal. i said," i want that one." OK... cool
    SO my motorcycle fits in it, my jeep, my tools, and a frig.. nicely..

So far i have done some brake job work, oil changes, stuff like that. what i do is, i close the door on me and just light the garage up. sucks cuz it can get REAL hot in there and or i need to use my respirator for dust and stuff.

well as some of you know, im building a 4.6 stroker.. funny thing is is that im doing it here... in the garage. you wanna talk about creeping around! I use my air compressor for the port/polish job. i was using my york on the jeep. i had to park the jeep out of the garage(fire hazard) close the garage door, and hope 1.) that i wasnt "to" loud, 2.) that some hommie didnt run up and decide to take a jeep to azusa canyon. ive bought a craftsman 30 gallon upright since.
    im getting it done actually but its gonna be a McGyver run when i get to pull the motor and swap in the other. im not sure my cherry picker will clear the ceiling..

why am i ranting...? ... It sucks to not be able to work in the open air, on your driveway or with the garage door open even. i have maintenance guys driving by me in their stupid golfcarts doing this and that and im scared i may get reported... Fruck it, if i do i guess i can just get a house!..

Apartment life SUCKS!
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Ever thought about renting out a mini storage and possibly using it as a garage? Or you could just...um...buy a house? Why so many apartments and rents? Sheesh, you runnng from the government or something?
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

He's living in an apartment because this is CALIFORNIA! Land of the unatainable housing. Where $400,000 wouldn't buy you a crack house. 'Course, in ALabama he could buy a nice house but have to put up with his mothercousinsisteraunt living next door. JK
      Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

yea wonder every where aint cheap bro...im in the same boat as broken and it does really suck bad!!! I live in maryland, now its not as expensive as cali cuz I was out there for awhile and thats crazy but its right up there with them and new york city...i have a 1 bedroom apt and the rent is 1200 a month. Now my dad lives in Kansas he has a 4 bedroom house on a lake with a boat dock and 230 acres...he pays like 600 and something a month for mortagage...so im right there with you Broken

APARTMENT LIFE SUCKS and so does expensive living
        Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

we pay 1475 for a 1 bdrm 1 den apt. i would prefer to pay the same amount for a house and could, but utilities, maintanance, and all that is just alot compaired to the apt. the only real enjoyment i have anymore is working on the rig and i can barely do that. I am beating my self to death wanting a 07 4 door rubi and i could afford it if i sold the tj, sold my st bike and the econo car,( i'd be at about 300.00 a month) ,but i know that my spouse is right in that i dont NEED it and that we should be paying off our debts so we can buy a house.... as soon as i become an RN i'll say f word to apt life....
          Last edited by brokenujoint; 09-20-06, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Hell, for $1475 a month you can BUY most of East San Bernardino!

We're looking in San Pedro, parts of Long Beach, Seal Beach. Most of it in the $700K-$1Mil range. Notice I said _looking_ ...
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY
            You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

and that purchase comes with a free meth lab in the back of your house! im in rancho cucamonga just next to the mills. id rather pay more and have peace of mind.. .. last week i kept the garage open by accident over night.. i have a 1500.00 bmx bike, a st bike with the key in it, and my jeep sitting there with about 1500.00 worth of tools. i saw the door open and my heart DROPPED! i literally ran out there and EVERYTHING was still there. lucky .. very !... now if i were on cedar and baseline, or tennessee and the 10, what do you think i'd have? id have 4 crack heads sleeping in the garage with 3 sleeping bags and 2 piles of crap on the floor and that would be it!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                Hell, for $1475 a month you can BUY most of East San Bernardino!

We're looking in San Pedro, parts of Long Beach, Seal Beach. Most of it in the $700K-$1Mil range. Notice I said _looking_ ...
                10 years ago I moved out to riverside to buy a home
                I was in torrance
                homes there were in the 300,000 and up
                I thought that was reduculous because to live where I wanted it started at 375,000
                I should have just bought it
                My brothers house is worth over 800,000 now
                I could have sold it and paid cash for my house out here
                hind site
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

believe me brother! i know!

Comment

Working...
                  X