Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-Satellite Radio Legislation: Act Now To Save Your XM!

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Satellite Radio Legislation: Act Now To Save Your XM!

Though FM and AM radio pay nothing to recording artists or record labels, satellite radio has already paid tens of millions of dollars in royalties to artists, songwriters and record labels for the music you hear. Over the coming years, satellite radio expects to pay hundreds of millions more.

In fact, satellite radio, led by XM, is now the largest payer of digital performance royalties to artists and record labels in the country.

But the big record labels want more - so they are suing XM and pressuring Congress to pass legislation that would make it tougher for satellite radio to bring you new technology and more music choices. They are pressuring Congress to pass legislation that would prevent XM listeners like you from being able to use our new radios. These radios allow XM subscribers to record music you hear on XM for personal use so you can listen later - in the same way TiVo allows you to record TV shows for later viewing.

Find out more and write to your legislators:
    http://xmradio.com/grassroots/
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Arfing record labels..... they just want more and more. I think I read something about the RIAA getting involved with this too.

Don't get me started on this....
    Last edited by TrAvELAr; 09-12-06, 11:14 AM.
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

I knew there was a reason I hadn't bought into this stuff yet! But... I'll send the email just because it's a bunch of crap!!
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Sheeeezzzzz. And to think I joined the military to protect this kind of crap! I guess we have to deal with bad as well as good.
        Rat
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I hate my works network. They are blocking it because of the XM in the web site address.

I can get to Sirius though, and stream music from them. There was nothing on their site about this though.

I will check it out when I get home though.

Navy-Jeepster
          :mad: :thumbs_do :thumbs_do
          Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
          Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Working...
          X