Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-11 picture thread [never forget]

post a picture that references 9-11-01

thanks to all of those that served in the armed forces to allow us the freedom we have come to take for granted.
    thanks to those men and womed who serve on the fire, and police departments.

condolances to those who have lost family, friends, or loved ones resulting from the tragedy that was 9-11
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Here are some pictures of Navy Aircraft getting ready to drop some heavies for payback.

And returning with empty pylons. Bombs away:

Just thought you might want to see what your tax dollars pay for.

Enjoy

Todd
    Navy-Jeepster
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Very cool Todd,

Thanks,
      BobO
      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
      (Charles Wells)

Comment

nice pics.
        here are a few more.

so few participants in this thread.
        ERIK

Comment

My Favorite

[COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
          In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

It's a small picture of Yen Betru, but it's the only one online that really captures his easy smile and twinkling eyes. Funny how you can spend so much time with someone and have so few pictures.

Yen and I both trained at the LA County General Hospital. We spent three grueling years in internship and residency pulling 30-36 hour on-call days on the medical wards. Saving the indigent ill sounds like noble work, but it wasn't so glamorous when we were doing it.

Between rounds with busy university faculty, boring lectures, heart-rending family confererences and treating some of the most unbelievable medical cases, the residents would seek refuge in the doctor's dining room, where only the overtired housestaff and disinterested deputies would eat. In those quiet moments, we'd choke down some desperate calories and reflect on what miserable lives we were leading and how great it would be when we finally got out in "The Real World."

I remember reclining half-asleep in a booth with my crumpled white coat and stethoscope next to me bemoaning another night of admissions, the endless stream of homeless diabetics, HIV+ CJ inmates, overdosed prostitutes, and working poor with no options and little time left, when Yen put a steaming cup of coffee in front of me.

With a knowing smile, he patted me on the shoulder and gently reminded me, "At least you don't have to send them a bill for payment..."

Good old Yen.

Whenever, this time of year rolls around, I think of Betru and I think of how he came to the US from Ethiopia and how important it was for him to go back to help.

I think of how we should be meeting at medical conferences,old buddies with a friendship forged in hardship. We would be swapping County Mounty stories and photos of our wives and children. We would joke about old times and reminisce about being young and consumed by work.

I will never see Yen again on this side of Eternity, but when I close my eyes in September I can see him as I remember him, sleeves rolled up doing chest compressions or quietly teaching the eager medical students or speaking compassionately to family members.

I'll never forget, Yen.
            Last edited by jmbrowning; 09-12-06, 01:31 AM.
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Kick Usamas ass

http://www.joecartoon.com/pages/osamabox_anim
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by jmbrowning

It's a small picture of Yen Betru, but it's the only one online that really captures his easy smile and twinkling eyes. Funny how you can spend so much time with someone and have so few pictures.

Yen and I both trained at the LA County General Hospital. We spent three grueling years in internship and residency pulling 30-36 hour on-call days on the medical wards. Saving the indigent ill sounds like noble work, but it wasn't so glamorous when we were doing it.

Between rounds with busy university faculty, boring lectures, heart-rending family confererences and treating some of the most unbelievable medical cases, the residents would seek refuge in the doctor's dining room, where only the overtired housestaff and disinterested deputies would eat. In those quiet moments, we'd choke down some desperate calories and reflect on what miserable lives we were leading and how great it would be when we finally got out in "The Real World."

I remember reclining half-asleep in a booth with my crumpled white coat and stethoscope next to me bemoaning another night of admissions, the endless stream of homeless diabetics, HIV+ CJ inmates, overdosed prostitutes, and working poor with no options and little time left, when Yen put a steaming cup of coffee in front of me.

With a knowing smile, he patted me on the shoulder and gently reminded me, "At least you don't have to send them a bill for payment..."

Good old Yen.

Whenever, this time of year rolls around, I think of Betru and I think of how he came to the US from Ethiopia and how important it was for him to go back to help.

I think of how we should be meeting at medical conferences,old buddies with a friendship forged in hardship. We would be swapping County Mounty stories and photos of our wives and children. We would joke about old times and reminisce about being young and consumed by work.

I will never see Yen again on this side of Eternity, but when I close my eyes in September I can see him as I remember him, sleeves rolled up doing chest compressions or quietly teaching the eager medical students or speaking compassionately to family members.

I'll never forget, Yen.
                that is a touching story, Ted.
                thanks for posting.
                ERIK

Comment

Being in EMS September 11 is a big reminder that what I do as well as all my Fire/Military/Police brothers & sisters is for those who need us in times of need. I will always remember those Heroes who have gone on and those who are left, I work with them all on a daily basis and respect greatly....May God be with us in all we do.
                  [COLOR="Magenta"]:tongue: [/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]LIVE EVERYDAY AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED, SO DO ALL YOU'VE DREAMED OF DOING[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X