Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvage Yards.

Anybody know if there is a salvage yard in Barstow, or nearby there?
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Theres some out here in SB not too far... I guess like an hour and a half. I think if you go to Ecology or Pick-A-Part's website they'll tell you there locations. Im sure theres one out there. Plus in barstow arent there just a bunch of piles of cars in the desert? Theres your salvage yard. hahah
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I thought the salvage yard was called Ludlow? Or was it Dagget?
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
        I thought the salvage yard was called Ludlow? Or was it Dagget?
        LMAO

Comment

You can't claim to be "worldly" until you've experienced Dagget Days. I spent a week there one day.....

That, and discovering that the signs warning "do not park off pavement" on the road to the Pisgah Crater REALLY MEAN IT

Ask me how long it takes to unbury a 2500 Suburban...........................
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

Scottys jeep salvage in Fontana has just about any thing you need ,doors ,hard tops ,fenders etc
            A clean jeep is the sign of a sick mind

Comment

Here is the web site http://www.californiajeeper.com/jeep-parts.htm
              A clean jeep is the sign of a sick mind

Comment

If you go to Scotty's, bring lots of money. He's been the "high proice kid on the block" for well over 20 years

What are you looking for, Nick?
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                  If you go to Scotty's, bring lots of money. He's been the "high proice kid on the block" for well over 20 years

What are you looking for, Nick?
                  Possibly looking for a fuse block for the YJ (diagnosis still pending). Couple of seats (currently have 2 passenger seats, need a drivers side), maybe a 9" rearend, a dizzy from a 250 I6 for the CJ and maybe a rear bumper with a tow hitch for the CJ, or something I can modify.... ya know, just odds and ends stuff.

I hear ya about Scotty's. They know what they have and charge top dollar for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bullseye
                    Scottys jeep salvage in Fontana has just about any thing you need ,doors ,hard tops ,fenders etc
                    Scotty's raked me over the coals when I was looking for a smog part on the YJ. I guess you could say I still got a deal over the dealership price, but IMO it wasn't really worth the money I paid for it. However, I will say that if you can't find it anywhere else, Scotty's is sure to have it. Or Collins Bro's out of Texas.

Comment

I have some seats out of a yj that are in ok shape.I'll have them in my hands next week. $100.00 for both??? make me an offer ill have pics of them in a few days or so. may even have a fuse box for you too. I think its out of a 95????
                      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

I'd work the web Nick. If you can get a bit more specific, I'll post it across to a few forums/lists I'm on. Rather see you work the "old boy" betwork than the vaseline network.

Other than welding up some new bumpstops, nothing new on the YJ. Way too busy.
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan
                          I have some seats out of a yj that are in ok shape.I'll have them in my hands next week. $100.00 for both??? make me an offer ill have pics of them in a few days or so. may even have a fuse box for you too. I think its out of a 95????
                          The seats I may be interested in... the fuse block however is for my `90 YJ and since I dont have FI, I'm assume that the blocks will be much different. I could be wrong though, I'm not one of the "tech" wizzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
                            Anybody know if there is a salvage yard in Barstow, or nearby there?
                            A1 auto wreckers westend of town.

Say Hi to Kenny or Jim (if the old coot is still working or enjoy retirement) for me!
                            [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
                            In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
                              A1 auto wreckers westend of town.

Say Hi to Kenny or Jim (if the old coot is still working or enjoy retirement) for me!

A-1... Gotcha, thanks Fish.

Comment

Working...
                              X