Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Desert_Valdez
    Found this stuff at the local parts store for $90. Looked to be ample amount to do the CJ & YJ both. Gallon container and some misc other stuff. Is this about right?

Also, did you wipe it down with any particular chemical prep? Or should just an quick alcohol wipedown be sufficient to clean up the dust and remove any minor grease for best adherance?
    I did two coats on mine and it used about two thirds of the gallon.

As for wipe down, use the afore-mentioned Xylene, or you can also use MEK or Acetone (per the instructions). Not sure about alchohol...

There is all kinds of information, including downloadable instructions here ---> http://www.herculiner.com/index.html
    -Bob
    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Just an added note. I did the floor of my TJ 5 years ago with herculiner and it still looks great.
      It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Any chance I can get someone to help me weld a new floor in the CJ before I roll this stuff in? Currently the floor is :poop:. Wish the previous owner had thought of this years ago.
        Nick,
        I can help you with the welding if your serious about that. I have a shop in Cerritos. PM me if you still want to do this. I'm getting ready to do the Herculiner in my TJ as well.
        Rat
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol
          Nick,
          I can help you with the welding if your serious about that. I have a shop in Cerritos. PM me if you still want to do this. I'm getting ready to do the Herculiner in my TJ as well.
          Rat

Keep the welding equipment at the ready.......you'll need it after 'The Hammers.'
          Wish I could come watch, gone to Yuba City that weekend.
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Nick,
            Rat
            I'll need to score a 4'X8' sheet of 1/8" diamondplate... any ideas on that?
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I'll need to score a 4'X8' sheet of 1/8" diamondplate... any ideas on that?
              The Metal Depot in La Mirada is close to my shop. They sell scrap and used metal and have lots of sheet metal. Call them. 714-521-5494, 562-921-2524.
              Address is 14334 E. Firestone Blvd. La Mirada, CA. 90638.
              Rat
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

The Metal Depot in La Mirada is close to my shop. They sell scrap and used metal and have lots of sheet metal. Call them. 714-521-5494, 562-921-2524.
                Address is 14334 E. Firestone Blvd. La Mirada, CA. 90638.
                Rat
                We seem to have :hijack: Jeni's thread. I'll PM ya with details and Q's. :thumbs_up
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

We seem to have :hijack: Jeni's thread. I'll PM ya with details and Q's. :thumbs_up
                  That's OK, I'll forgive you this time...LOL
                  [COLOR="Magenta"]:tongue: [/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]LIVE EVERYDAY AS IF IT'S YOUR LAST, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED, SO DO ALL YOU'VE DREAMED OF DOING[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X