Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double-0-7

(Double Doors for '07)

I was browsing through the new Off Road mags and looking at the new '07 models.

What does everyone think of the new 4 door Wrangler?

The sectional hardtop is pretty cool!

What about the updated styling?

Discuss.

Ride'on,

~CRASH!~

I like it myself, but the opinions are widely varied. Purists will (and already do...) hate it as the CJ guys hated the YJs and the YJ guys hated the TJs. It needed a fresh makeover, just glad that they kept round headlights. I like the four door concept, but am not going to like power windows and the difficulties of unplugging a wire harness just to remove the doors.
    RE BB, 1" BL, 32 X 11.5 BFG ATs, blah, blah, blah...

Comment

I drove them last week... both the 4 door and the 2 door. I have to say, I LOVE 'EM. While I'm not ready for a 4 door, I may be getting a 2 door Rubi when they are available. They seem so much roomier inside.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think they are spiffy.
      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

I like them...even the 4 door. I'm just wondering if they'll be as rugged as the wrangler history is. I mean think about it...4 doors? Sounds like shorter commander to me. Will the rear seats come out? Will the 07 wrangler be classified under short or long wheelbase? But I do think that they should start putting small block V8's in them again...cause the AMC 304 that came in some of the CJ's owned...
        WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
        [_____]
        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
        []--o---[]

Comment

The 4 door is the same class as the Unlimited. Still classified as a Wrangler, oficially. As for what people think, I guess thats their opinion.
          Erik

I fix things.

Comment

IMO (disclaimer)...

4-door looks too long to be able to succeed on any serious trail. seems like jeep is trying to make a "trail-rated", "family-friendly", "comfortable-riding", "convertible", "4-wheel drive", "power windows", "dvd player", jeep. it's like they're trying to make an escalade and a hummer and a jeep and whatever else into a 4WD vehicle. Sorry guys, you already did that with the cherokee and it actually worked. and they're also offering a 2WD version in the 4-door which for me sounds like the demise of the brand.

as for the 2-door. lower approach, departure, breakover angles than the stock TJ Rubi, throw in the minivan V6, and 5" extra in pretty much all dimensions...out of the box it just doesn't seem like a better deal. throw in the CRD and a 4" lift and I'd start thinking about it...

one thing i have to admit is the partial electronic wheel slip sensor traction control seems to be a step above the TJ's "old school" setup and might actually work a bit better for open diffs. what i can't seem to understand is why people have stopped putting standard locking diffs in 4WD vehicles like they used to 20 years ago...and now all of us drool at the fact that we're "saving all our life earnings" for what used to come as a basic option on 4WD pickups, broncos, jeeps...:dunno: ...seems like some kinda scam to me.

anyway, just my :2:
            03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

It's a marketing ploy! The auto companies have gotten with the performance parts dealers! It's a conspiracy!! and I myself prefer limited slips over lockers...but that's just me...
              WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
              [_____]
              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
              []--o---[]

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy
                I'm just wondering if they'll be as rugged as the wrangler history is.
                With a 32 spline high pinion d44 on the front of the rubicons, fenders that you can pull off quicker than you can drop the top, an extra 6" of track width, some added wheelbase (which equates to a longer rear driveshaft....the plague of SWB jeeps), I think it will prove itself quite talented on the trail.

Definately not the perfect vehicle for every individual on the planet....but neither is the current design.
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                  some added wheelbase (which equates to a longer rear driveshaft....the plague of SWB jeeps)
                  hmm...never thought about it that way. not sure it matters though...sounds like they're getting rid of the old U-joint setup on some of the driveshaft ends (not sure which ones)...?? what are your thoughts?
                  03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Working...
                  X