Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homo_ners

OK here's a retarded question

I installed a new float valve on the pool. When the level is correct and the valve is just open a tiny bit the water pipes howl. At 3am I get whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

My water press is not too high (80 pee I think). The old valve did not do this and nothing else has changed. :mad:
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

go swimming at 3 am and forget it

seriously though, is it the same brand and modle of valve?, does it need a regulator in front of it? did you intall it od a plumber?
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
      go swimming at 3 am and forget it

seriously though, is it the same brand and modle of valve?, does it need a regulator in front of it? did you intall it od a plumber?
      diff brand, i got tired of waiting at the pool store and got a valve at the hardware store, that could be it.

i installed, that could be it :homer:

Comment

peeing in the pool corodes the valve
        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

80 pounds it kinda high. Not tooooooo bad...but IIRC the inspectors draw the line at 75psi.

What kind of pipes do you have? (as in, what kind of water pipes/lines are installed in your house....I don't really care what kind of pipe you smoke out of...). I have heard this is much more common with the older (pre-plastic) pipes.

But the real question, is why do you have a pool??? Those things are expensive, and use up large amounts of money that would be far more useful if spent on things such as a jeep......
          olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Umm... are you plumbed into the pool through the house plumbing? Is this an above ground pool?
            97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
            WEB site

Comment

The pipe is copper. It comes through the wall of the house and Ts into a hose bib. The other side runs straight down through the patio. It then runs under the patio to the fill thing. The pool is in the ground.

I replaced the T and shut-off valves and such, but that was ages ago. The f'ing fill valves only last about a year before the housing corodes through.

I turned the bastard off for now.

Comment

Working...
              X