Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Day In the Life...

MAN! I left at 10:30 AM this morning to get some stuff serviced on the XJ and i just got back like 20 min ago! It started at my buddies shop, I went to get the diffs serviced, the TC serviced, the tranny serviced, oil changed, and the Radiator Flushed. We did the Radiator flush last and guess what? all the crap deposits that were in my hoses were shot out, and shooting all those out showed us a leak I had in my hoses... WONDERFUL... and the hose cant just be replaced cause on on side, the fitting is custom and you can only get the part from Jeep. So i couldnt get that until monday or tuesday. so i went to another shop, Colton Radiator, and had them rigg me some hose to stop the leak. On the way there, of course, i overheated. so i sat in the hot as hell San Bernardino sun letting the jeep cool for like 30 minutes. After i got that fixed i went over to 4 West Wheel, and looked at some stuff, rockers, PIAA fogs, and some nerfs. Theyre way too expensive there for my blood. So Then i headed over to Just Tires to get my alignment done and that took like two hours cause I was third in line for that so I went over to JITB and ate two Jumbo Jacks, four Tacos, Medium Fries, and a Coke man was that a good first meal of the day hahah. Then I stopped over at Costco for some Gas and then I was on my way back home to Running Springs! It was a heck of a day. Too much money, Too Much heat, Too much time, and Too much problems. Oh well, S**T happens I guess hahah. Im just gonna get all that hose crap fixed and get a GDI 3 row radiator, That will solve that shizzle. haha rant off...
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

at least you service the jeep, and you won't start leaking coolant on the trail on sunday

spending time and money on maintenance is always well spent, last month i brought the jeep to 2 different mechanics 2 days in a row and then spent 3 days in the garage just getting all the fluids and maintenance items taken care of.
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Yeah thats one of the reasons i did all the servicing... I didnt want to be the one to crap out on the trail haha
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

So you had a leaky radiator hose. Isn't that what duct tape is for????
        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

^^^ haha speaking of that im going to have to get a new role from work today...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
          X