Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any home A/c guys on here

So as I sit here sweating I reallize that a cute historic home built in 1910 probably has very little insulation. I also realize that buying a home with out a/c was a bad choice...... So does anybody on the board do a/c. Mind you this house is a historic home and has no duct work and crappy insulation. Oh how cute this house was in October......... i installed a window unit in my bedroom and that helps sleeping but the rest of the house stays 10' hotter then outside. My poor Mastiff would rather be an outside dog...
    Head nut at Outdoorlogic
    Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
    www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

I have done some A/C work...mostly in industrial applications though, and since I am in Tucson, not much help.

But, since you say your house has a historic designation, you need to check into the laws regarding that. Adding a A/C will definately cause you to lose that designation, and may be against CC&R's (if you have any), and in some cases, it may even be illegal (although I don't think it is an issue with private homes, more so with public buildings).
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

you shouldn't be prevented from installing A/C if the house is zoned as "historic". it just may be a real pain in the a$$ since there is probably little room to route the ducting and/or install an air conditioning unit.

I don't own a home but I am an architect, so I will sniff around our contact list and talk to some people here at the office to see if I can recommend a few companies to you...
      03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Awsome ! I looked into the whole historic thing, as long as i do not mess with the outward appearance from the street I am okay...(i hope they do not notice my window unit!) Also my home sits on a raised foundation, about 3.5" of space underneath, so doing the duct work under the home and coming up through the floors wouldnt be to tuff. The floors are hardwood, old but not original I think. The rest of the inside of the home is original, down to the lead glass windows and custom cherrywood built ins
        Ha i recieved a noval from the state when I bought my home about all the cancer causing material in my home.....So i stoped licking the paint
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Working...
        X