Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bear

i'm looking for info on hiking/backpacking in Big Bear for the coming weekend. any links or recommendations on hiking trails, excellent sightseeing, or camping spots welcome. backcountry locations preferred (foot access only), but all suggestions welcome as I'll also be tooling around on the trails in the jeep.

I know the basic lay of the land and have an OHV trial map/GPS so I should be able to follow directions...

Cheers,
    03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Originally posted by maddmike
    i'm looking for info on hiking/backpacking in Big Bear for the coming weekend. any links or recommendations on hiking trails, excellent sightseeing, or camping spots welcome. backcountry locations preferred ([COLOR="Red"]foot access only[/COLOR]), but all suggestions welcome as I'll also be tooling around on the trails in the jeep.

I know the basic lay of the land and have an OHV trial map/GPS so I should be able to follow directions...

Cheers,
    Maybe you could check on WWW.MYFEETROCK.COM :dunno:

couldn't resist...have fun up there!
    -Bob
    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

there are a fe trailheads on the fawnskin side of the lake you may want to check out
      Also the Pacific crest trail runs the area, infact it runs feet from MJRs adopt a trail,
      Little Bear Peak is a nice hike
      Stop by the discovery center, they open at 9 am, they will have lots of information
      censored for having an opinion

Comment

sounds like alot of work to go hiking.......i would to the PCT also

Comment

suggestion

I'm not too sure how into hiking you are, but perhaps try to find some of the geocache's in BB area.
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

There is Castlerock trail as well. I think its a loop and you pass Castlerock where everyone top ropes. The trail head is in Boulder Bay and I believe the parking area is one of the few where an adventure pass is not required.
            Supe
            97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
            Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

thanks for all the suggestions, keep em coming.
              03 TJ. It'll go 65mph...can't complain.

Comment

Working...
              X